Engine Drivetrain 1st Gen Cooper S RMW Custom Tune Party in Austin, TX, Oct 15/16

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by mini_racer, Aug 27, 2010.

1. cheezeit

cheezeit New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    DFW
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was fun meeting everyone. Great environment and had a blast. Drive home was exciting ;) hope to do it again!

-Victor

2. Wadodude

Wadodude New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Programmer
    The colony
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks to..

I owe thanks to a handful of people for lending me support, tools, and labor on this weekend.
    mini_racer helped me install injectors, spark plugs, and belt and I really appreciate all his hard work! :D
    Nathan lended his belt tensioner tool to me and I bought his injectors.
    Cheeze[it] had an extra belt with my name on it.
    Jan went the extra mile to help me with my car's tune, and he did a great job tuning it. If I mod my car further I will definitely come back next year! :cornut:
    And thanks to Classic Jaguar, we had the tune in Austin this year.
    Thanks to these guys along with few others, my mini is happier and so am I. :Thumbsup::D

3. GreyLens

GreyLens New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 25, 2009
    Electrical Engineer
    San Antonio, Texas
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    It was a fun day!! Had a big impact on the GreyLenz. Went from 192 ft lbs of torque (around 3K rpm) to 260 ft lbs!!! Incredible. Definitely a wild ride now. Good thing I have the OS Giken LSD in place to help manage the power transfer and minimize torgue steer. Very exciting stuff.

I didn't understand this before but Jan said the Turbo on the Cooper S and the JCW are not the same as I thought. While the outside dimensions are the same the internals are not. The JCW turbo provides more inherent boost capability, hence the dramatic results from the tune. (Before the tune I discovered I have a small leak in one of the connectors for the oil pipes to the turbo so I need to check that out today and get it fixed asap.)

I think I'm going to invest int the Cobb Tuning Access Port with the current tune, which I'll use for track and maybe street, plus an updated OEM tune for doing autocross so I can stay in the STX class instead of moving to Street Prepared. Or, I can just move to SP class next year.