Exterior 1st Gen RMW Wide Body Kit

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by Jan, Sep 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,875 / 10 / -3
    LOL Because we ain't getting any Dave.0 love! How about a hug? :D

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    No you guys (Lee and Josh) are turning into wishy washy babies making everything all drama filled .

Neither you needed to stick your 2 cents into this thread and ask if I was smoking crack. (Really?)

A guy with 3 total posts comes in from a foreign country a slams a well known vendor about a great product he resells and you let that slide and come down on me.

That is complete BULLSHIT! Stop over moderating. Like it or not this is 95% a USA site.

FYI Lee it’s spelled. Site. Not Sight

3. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Dave your being an ass plain and simple. You and I have no idea what the problem is.... but clearly there is an issue and he has the right to present the information he has and we can ask questions in an effort to help solve the issue. If you asked some questions rather than attack where he is from and some random FB groups that have nothing to do with this that may help. If this had been about a different vendor you would have jumped right in.

Love this statement... yea, we are the drama here. :Thumbsup:

That was me not Lee. It's also a figure of speech. Lee was way more respectful in his answer. I should have left that alone.

In summary - stop with the back handed personal attacks to members. Feel free to direct them at me. My crybaby ass will take it if it has basis.

Now let's get this thread calm down and get back on track. @Svampfest is having an issue with a very nice LSD. Is it the part, the install, something else... we don't know.

@Svampfest - a few questions:
    1) You mentioned sending it back twice. Was the issue the same for both failures?
    2) Was there any additional details provided back from RMW?
    3) Who did the install? Did you?
    4) Did RMW offer to help in anyway?

4. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Josh, Go back and read my first replies from when this guy first posted. He just has an ax to grind with JAN from his first post in this thread.

I even offed other solutions, but you drama queens did not see that did you?

5. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    I did and those were good potential paths to take. However, they were overshadowed by the other random noise.

6. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Blah blah blah

Only because that what you and Lee chose to focus on.

7. onur

onur Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Okey I believe I should be the one to explain whats going on here, because that broken LSD plate belong to my R53. I will try to be as objective I can during my post, cuz I can see some of you guys are quite the fan of that brand. Just remember this a brand is as good as it is the way they communicate with you I might be one of the best company but if you are lack of listening your customer you worth notting.

Get ready its gonna be a loong post, we have been e-mailing back and forth for the last 1.5 years with OS Giken USA about a 1.5 OS Giken LSD.

The MN024-HA Labeled product of OS Giken bought on 2015 January from OS Giken USA via dealer RMW. It was installed by professionals whom had the same installation on ourR53s. After installment, the product made a huge sound and tilt on the steering wheel when functioning in the very first KM of the drive. The Mechanic told us there was a problem and we have contacted with dealer and OS Giken USA. They asked the product back for inspection.After Os Giken USA inspected they noted that there is notting wrong with the product and ship it back to us.

Meanwhile we had a engine failure on our car and did not even install the product and sold our R53 JCW GP. Since the product was so called master piece we put it on our shelf just incase we would buy a new R53. We were so sure that there was notting wrong with it since it was inspected by OS Giken.

In 2018 March I bought a new R53 JCW and wanted to install the part. Since I had the same part on my R53 JCW GP I wanted to feel the same go kart feeling. Well we installed the LSD and as soon as we start driving we had a Huge Tilt on the steering wheel during locking in low km and huge sound that is not as same as it was on my R53 JCW GP.

So on April 3rd I e-mailed OS Giken USA about the matter, they responded "

The sound you are experiencing is likely due to insufficient oil coating for the clutch packs or you have an aggressively tuned unit.

Please look to use a heavier oil. We have had success with Motul's Gear Competition 75w140 in R53 transmissions.
    Please look to change your oil and see if the sound lessens from there."

I took the advice changed the oil with a thicker one and the result is as you can hear it in the video;

I have e-mailed back them the video, they asked some questions about the issue. Meanwhile I wanted that part out of my car due to a damage that might occur. I asked my mechanic to open up the LSD and so called the brand new plates inside were not only scratched but one of them was broken.
    3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

I have e-mailed the photos and a video of this matter.OS Giken USA. After 2 weeks, I have sent an other e-mail asking for a respond. They got back to me about 1.5 moths later stating they are waiting respond from Japon. Then they were kind enough to send us slightly used plates, at that moment I was already a bit frustrated with the matter and didnt want to wait brand new ones.

We have received the slightly used plates about a week or 2. As soon as we had them we had the part installed for the 3rd time and the result was same! Tilt on the steering wheel during locking and that huge locking sound.

With all the patient I have left I uninstalled the part, at that moment I seriously wanted to brake that part in to pieces. I e-mailed Os Giken USA and waited for a respond for about 2 months! The respond was that they wanted us to send the product once again to inspection via the dealer we bought the product from! RMW. That time it was a year of e-mailing back and forth!

I had a change to send the product couple of months later. It waited in RMW about a month to be sent to OS GIKEN USA which was no problem, we all have busy weeks/months. Anyways hold on tight we are getting close to end. I was so eager to come to a conclusion I know it was not only me who try to solve the problem. But I have received an email stating that I have used the wrong Transmission Oil, they even sent me a photo of a glass full of blue transmission oil photo like I had no experience in these kind of parts :)

I have send them the same pictures and the receipts of the oil that I have purchased. You can see clearly the blue oil in the photo.
    IMG_5814.JPG olielsd.jpg

Anyways I am not happy to say but I run out of patient, due to the loss of time, money, effort and getting no where not even a slight empath was shown. I asked them to install that part to a R53 and examine where as they shipped the product back to RMW. Here is why I am disappointed with RMW. The Os Giken emailed us and asked us to contact the dealer for a refund or a change which we forward the matter to Mr. Jan. No respond received. I have also forwarded the 100 MB E-mailing to him which I am sure he didnt even read a page which is also fine.

I agree that its been a while since we bought the product, but it was no even driven for 500 km. Since we have not received a respond I started posting about OS GIKEN not RMW and sow that Mr. Jan responded with a smile stating we have used the wrong oil! OMG really !!

I DM him the pictures and the receipt of the oil and offered him that if he installs the product to one of a r53 and it works without a problem it would be my gift to him. The respond I received sums it up, "Pissed off all you want, u have used the wrong oil, thank you for the gift". No matter how great mechanic you are no matter how awesome you are at what you do, with this attitude your work means notting to me. Until that time I had no problem with the brand what so ever, after all its a company that manufactures parts in return of money. I wish he stood by my side and offer me a solution instead of sarcasm.

So I have contacted with Federal Trade Commission about the matter and keep posting about the matter because thats an experienced to be told! I am so sorry for the long post and my sincere apologies from the management team.

Kind Reagards
    Onur Baspinar

8. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,875 / 10 / -3
    Thanks for the explanation. I still hope this can be resolved for you.

9. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    So a combination of issues with both manufacturer and seller, mainly with OSG though. If indeed you did get authorization from OSG to get a refund/exchange from RMW for a very old product then RMW has indeed dropped the ball. But he is under no obligation after such a long time to offer at his expense a new product or refund. If OSG has agreed to reimburse RMW, then he needs to follow through with that agreement.
    But this does not support the original post from your friend about RMW.

10. Svampfest

Svampfest New Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    What is there to support exactly? My only complaint was "I" as an individual would stay away from them, I did not encourage anyone to do so eventhough they have many items that I would like to purchase. Let's not turn this into finding a scapegoat.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

11. onur

onur Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    With all due respect, we have only received a sarcastic text notting about a refund or new product info from RMW. Plus I agree it might be an old product but if everyone did their part at 1st time they have received the part about the complaint this would all be solved. All we wanted was a solution yet since no one is trying to fix it or replace it, I believe svampfest has a point.

12. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

I talked to Jan about this last night. Onur you told him on Instagram (before you blocked him) to keep the Diff “as a gift’ if he could put it in a car and have it work.

Gift - no refund

Also he did get it installed in another R53 and it’s running fine with everything the correct oil in it.

(Motul 75w-140)

No, Jan is not coming to M/A to deal with these BS drama threads.

13. onur

onur Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hello Dave;

Re fund was asked about 2 weeks ago,with no respond.

I was avoiding the argument before I blocked him on IG due to his sarcastic text, believe me I did the right think there no matter who is wrong or right thats no way to treat a customer.

Plus how come some one sooo busy, sending a product to OS Giken that took 1 month, installed the LSD simultaneously as he sow my DM ? I am sorry I wouldn’t believe a word coming neither from RMW nor from OSG it is based on experience.

Plus I am a man of my word, I have all the photos videos receipts of the process up there Dave, where as we have only your word.

I am sorry I am not here to cause any problem, I am wise enough to accept if there is something wrong done by my mechanic. Even if there is in the end I would leave it as a gift but his polite attitude against customers will stay.

14. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Well, he said thank you for the Gift and the Diff works great.

Oh well, that the end of the story unless you unblock him from IG. He is not coming on M/A to deal with this little problem. He has many very happy customers to deal with.

15. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Man, this seems like it has been going on a long time and understandably very frustrating (probably to all parties). I will be curious to see how/if the FTC gets involved.

Agreed - frankly if OSG agreed to this I don't know why RMW wouldn't follow suite. Seems a bit odd.

@onur - do you know if OSG was going to refund RMW or was he going to have to eat the cost?
    Also curious if the mechanic you used had installed these previously? If RMW has it in another car and working, it would indicate the instal was the problem.

16. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    The FTC will do nothing. That was funny to even report him for $2000 product he returned and said to keep it as a gift.

The issue was / is resolved as Omar said to keep it as a gift if he could get it to work. (Jan did).

OSG can not make a vendor the sold the product they made for resale provide a refund.

If OSG wants they can provide a refund and I don’t see that happening.

Case closed, crying over.

17. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    #97 Crashton, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Guess you never raced at Nelson Ledges. ;)

Edit.... This was about the wide body kit. Way before this thread went down the rabbit hole. :Dead:

18. onur

onur Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

You are twisting words, your beloved friend didnt even bother responding for the refund / change email came from OS Giken that was forwarded him. After his sarcastic DM on the matter I complained about the matter to FTC. Then blocked him not because he manage to make it work but of course unless he can type and install simultaneously cus he answered "it works thx for the gift" as soon as he sow the DM. I am still wating for the photos and a video of the product that was installed which works perfect as your buddy said.

The only so called professionals here cryin is both companies. I have spend more money on installing than the product itself. They can keep the defected product all they want. Btw who is omar ? and does the R on RMW stands for Dave ?

@Sully I have no idea about the refund process, all we have received and forwarded "If you are further unsatisfied with our findings, please note that any discussion of a return or refund will need to be directly addressed with the dealer you originally purchased the unit from."

And btw the company that installed the part is one of the biggest and most experienced MINI service here, I do not believe there is a wrong installment.

Anyways as I stated before I am not here to start an argument and non of my post are are hostile. The only reason I wanted to point out was because the post was forwarded to me and I wanted to make things clear.

Once again I am sorry for the pollution and miss-leading the topic. With all due respect I won't be posting no more about this topic I have shared about my experience, its up to you guys to believe or not.

Kind Regards.

19. Sully

Sully Administrator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Ok - that makes more sense to me. Usually you have to return through where you purchased and the selling party would have to agree. I assume RMW agreed to this before you sent it back?

To me, it sounds as if there were a number of components and issues. OS Gilken and RMW doesn’t have a reputation for this type of behavior. So frankly it’s unclear where the issue is. That said, I hate it didn’t work out for you.

To answer a few of your other questions.
    I think Omar was a typo and Dave is not part of RMW. Just an avid fan.

Yea - I'm going to break this part out into a new thread I think.

20. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    ....Anybody have any measurements on how much downforce is generated by that R53 underbody aero kit on the first page of this thread?