Mini News Robbie Davis 1st Repeat Winner in Grand Am B-Spec

Discussion in 'MINI News and Articles' started by Nathan, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

MONTEREY, Calif. - Robbie Davis made GRAND-AM history in convincing fashion Sunday at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Davis became the TOTAL Performance Showcase’s first repeat winner with a dominating performance in which he led all 24 laps in the No. 37 Mini of Charleston Mini Cooper. Rounding out the top three was Russell Smith (No. 90 Kinetic Motorsports Kia) and Bradley Davis (No. 36 Mini of Charleston Mini Cooper).

“When I saw the three of them battling behind me I just started conserving my tires,†said Robbie Davis. “It feels great to be the first two-time winner, but we just have to keep that consistency going. That’s my goal right now.â€

Robbie Davis won GRAND-AM’s second TOTAL Performance Showcase race of the season at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca marked the fifth of six Showcase races in its first year.

“I had never actually been here before and that’s the funny thing,†Robbie Davis said. “I actually played it in a video game. It’s so similar to the video game that I was actually able to learn before I came here.

Source - Robbie Davis Becomes First Repeat TOTAL Performance Showcase Winner