rocket powered MINIs!

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Steve, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    How did I miss this?!?! Given how long ago it happened I suppose it's already been posted and I'm late to the party as usual, but just in case I'm not the last person to see it.....

Master Blasters was a show where teams were challenged with strange stunts they had to do with rocket power. One challenge was to launch "sports cars" up a ramp with rockets and get them to fly far enough and straight enough to cross a set of goal posts.

They used MINIs. Word of warning >> carnage!

Here's the best video I could find.

This one is longer and more interesting but for some reason the aspect ratio is messed up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWNXPgHmAjw]YouTube - Mini Cooper[/ame]

Here's a shorter version with the proper aspect ratio but lesser vid quality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMBOTLJn3FA]YouTube - Master Blaster - Car launch[/ame]

2. VioletDC

VioletDC Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Copyeditor
    Leesburg, VA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow! :yikes: Uhhh ... disposable MINIs???

3. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oldies but goodies. This was all filmed north of Fort Worth. Coincidentally, I was called to go look at a pile of car parts stripped off and left behind by the participants and film crew in an aircraft hangar. Unfortunately, all of the desirable stuff (engine, transmission, driveshafts, anything related to running gear) had already been taken by other airport folks.

4. WJHMH

WJHMH New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Rock & Roll Clown
    Panther City. TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How could I've not known of this? Great to know it filmed not far of my home town.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    If that second one went a quarter mile like the guy says in the video, it's probably the world record quarter for a MINI!