2nd Gen R57 Convertible Roof graphic

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by mjsteelega, May 14, 2011.

1. mjsteelega

mjsteelega New Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am trying to install a graphic across the 4-5" plastic roof cover which sits just in front of the fabric top. It is the part where the antenna is installed.

I'd like to remove the entire piece which should make installing the graphic much easier as it is and edge-to-edge graphic. Rather than peeling back the rubber trim, if I remove the part, I should be able to apply the graphic cleanly.

Also, I need to remove the antenna base. Does anyone have documentation on ho to remove other or both?

Thanks.

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I watched Mike from AC do one on a car at MOTD 8 and he did not remove the piece. Contact Mishka (a member here) as it was his car and he helped.

Jim

3. carboman

carboman New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Where did you purchase the graphic? I've been considering one but haven't found any I like.

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, the company I got mine from went out of business.

Jim

5. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I put checkers across mine myself, and didn't remove that piece or the attenna but it would have been alittle easy if I had. The whole piece I have no idea how to get it off and not sure it would be easy to do. The attenna probably has a bolt behind your interior light switches which is just under the attenna on the inside of course.. You can take a credit card and slide in between a middle section of it and pop it open, and you should be able to get to it from there I'd think...