RSR Motorsports names 2011 drivers

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Cattaneo, Trinkler Team Up for 2011; Farmer and Hart Join RSR Motorsports

ORLANDO, Fla.--RSR Motorsports ended the 2010 season on a high note, earning two wins and a second-place finish in the final three rounds of the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge season. Now, with the 2011 season quickly approaching, the MINI Cooper S team has announced that Sarah Cattaneo and Owen Trinkler will be teammates once again next season.

In addition, RSR Motorsports is pleased to welcome the driving duo of Ron Farmer and Jason Hart to the team. They will drive the US LED MINI Cooper S.

Cattaneo and Trinkler first drove together in the season finale at Miller Motorsports Park in October, running a flawless race in the No. 198 MINI Cooper S en route to second place in Street Tuner. After their success together, it was a natural choice for the pair to team up again in 2011.

"It's any driver's dream to be paired with someone like Owen. Our season ended on a high note, and now we're coming back to the same crew, the same great team owner, and all the right components," says Cattaneo. "That's a huge advantage, and I'm looking forward to shooting for the championship."

Farmer and Hart will enter their first full season of GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge in 2011, and joining RSR Motorsports proved to be an easy choice for the co-drivers.

"RSR Motorsports is a winning team, a compatible group, and they have everything we need to field a good car
    ," notes Farmer, who will be competing in a MINI Cooper S for the first time. "It's going to be a learning curve for sure, but it's going to be fun."

Farmer and Hart first met in 2009, and teamed up for a full season in 2010. Farmer went on to win the NASA ST2 national championship before trying his hand at GRAND-AM racing.

Hart, a longtime driving coach, agrees that next season will have a steep learning curve. "We're setting conservative goals," he says. "We want seat time at each track, and we'll focus on strategy and learning the series. Rule number one is to finish every race."0x2028 Trinkler is quick to welcome Farmer and Hart to the RSR Motorsports family. "We're excited to have them on board, and we're looking forward to seeing them develop," Trinkler says. "This is one of the most competitive series in the United States, and this is a great opportunity for both Ron and Jason."

In addition to lining up drivers, RSR Motorsports has also been busy preparing their stable of MINI Cooper S race cars for next season. Since the season finale in October, the team has spent eighteen days testing in preparation for the opener at Daytona next month.

2. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I'm looking forward to what can be a great season for Randy and his team.

3. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Randy's team did a great job last season.

I'm sure happy that Cattaneo & Trinkler are staying with Randy in 2011. I'll bet they will be awesum in that good ole #198 Mini.

I hope Randy does to #197 & #196 what he did to #198. :confused5:

It would be great to see a 1/2/3 Mini finish:beer

4. rsstopper

rsstopper New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Go to the website for some pic's of the 2011 rebuilds :Thumbsup::Thumbsup:

RSR Motorsport / RSR Racing