RSR Motorsports Racing for Third Straight Win at New Jersey

Discussion in 'Racing MINIs' started by Nathan, May 10, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    MILLVILLE, N.J.—RSR Motorsports really hopes that good things come in threes. The team has won the ST class at New Jersey Motorsports Park for the past two years, and they hope to do it again during this Saturday’s GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race.

Owen Trinkler and team owner Randall Smalley scored the first professional victory for RSR Motorsports in 2010, winning in the No. 198 Cruise America/Thor Motor Coach MINI Cooper S.

Last year, RSR Motorsports fared even better at New Jersey Motorsports Park, taking both first and second in class. Trinkler and Sarah Cattaneo won in the No. 198 MINI Cooper S, followed by Chris Puskar and Tom Dyer in the No. 197 MINI Cooper S.

Can RSR Motorsports make it three in a row? For Puskar, who will co-drive the No. 195 MINI Cooper S with Kyle Gimple, the answer is a resounding yes. “It will take some patience and discipline. If I just drive the way I can, there’s no reason I shouldn’t put it back on the podium, but I’m looking to put it a step above where I finished last year,†he says.

Trinkler notes that RSR Motorsports is returning to New Jersey with two Honda Civic Si race cars. Still, after a third-place finish at Barber Motorsports Park in the No. 197 Honda, Trinkler is optimistic about the Hondas’ potential at the 2.25-mile New Jersey track.

“We’re going to use the same strategy that we have used at the last three events: use the information we learned with the MINIs and apply it to the Hondas,†Trinkler says. “We feel confident about running well there again. I see no reason why we won’t be a contender again this year.â€

Trinkler and co-driver Corey Fergus won’t be the only RSR Motorsports pair in a Honda. Ron Farmer and Jason Hart will debut their new No. 196 US LED Honda Civic Si at New Jersey.

Find out if RSR Motorsports can make it a three-peat at New Jersey Motorsports Park during the B+ Heroes 200 on Saturday, May 12. The 2.5-hour race gets underway at 3:15 p.m. The race will also be broadcast on SPEED on Saturday, May 26, beginning at 2:00 p.m.

Keep up with RSR Motorsports online at RSR Motorsport / RSR Racing.

RSR Motorsports is sponsored by Cruise America, Thor Motor Coach, US LED, MINI USA, Pilot/Flying J Travel Centers, CaseTech, OS Giken Racing Clutches and Limited Slip Differentials, Eibach Springs, Performance Racing Oils/Millers Oils, Midway Ford Truck Sales, DBA USA, MINI North Scottsdale, Team RaceWorks, Performance Speed Tech, and Carbotech Pads.

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Looks like Team RSR will soon be an all Honda Civic team. I find sadness in that, but understand. If you are a racer you are there to win. I don't think MINI has done much to help. The Civic is a sorted car while the R56 would need to be developed. Team RSR are good folks & I'll continue to support them. Good luck in NJ.

3. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    You are right, it is a shame but it's a big buck enviroment and they need a

return on their investment. MINI USA needs to get away from their "it's a

car culture thing." Anyway best of luck for them in the future. I will be at

MO next month to probably see them with our cars for the last time. Hope

to see Mark there with my evil twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

4. sdmidget

sdmidget New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Senior Planner
    Lancaster, PA
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    3-PEAT!!!

Yes ... I know ... the 3rd one was in a HONDA ... :rolleyes:

HONDA contingency/support $$$ - good! :yesnod:

MINI contingency/support $$$ - not so good! :nonod:

It was almost COLD @ the track this year [70s].

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Congrats on your success Team RSR!!!

Well done guys! :Thumbsup: