Run for the Borders (R4TB) 9/25 - 9/27

Discussion in 'MINI5280' started by MINIMaybee, Sep 14, 2009.

1. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    R4TB Run for the Borders is finalized. Here are the details. The only place you need to signup is in the MINI5280 CALENDAR, right here in NAM. See the LINK at the top of the MINI5280 threads. The details:
    • This year's event is Friday and Saturday September 25th and 26th
    • Motorers will join us from NM, AZ, UT and CO. Join up at whatever point works for you
    Details for COLORADO Motorers:
    • Leave Starbucks Park Meadows (on Yosemite, S of 470) at 8 am. Southbound towards Colorado Springs we go. If you are coming from NorColo and want to meetup, let us know...we will meet you wherever you like. Then from CSCO to Canon City and a picture trip up Skyline Drive. Then upriver to Salida, CO and lunch at the Victoria Tavern in the Victoria Hotel. This route is about 175 miles from the Denver area. Meetup with the NMM New Mexico MINIs.
    • After lunch, we go westbound thru Gunnison and down into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Enjoy the scenic road then out northbound on CO92 thru Hotchkiss and on in to Delta for the evening. Make your hotel reservations at the Comfort Inn, 970-874-1000 or at the Rodeway Inn 970-874-9726 or at the Best Western Sundance 970-874-9781. About 320 miles all day from Denver, more from ALQ.
    • For the intrepid...a Saturday evening Sunset Picture Ride up to the Grand Mesa and the Land's End Overlook. You don't want to miss this! Hopefully we will find the AZ MINIs and the DMC folks, plus the Utah folks already there....
    For Saturday, a big adventure!
    • Meetup at the McDonalds's on Main in Delta at 8 am, depart at 8:30 up to Cedaredge and over the Grand Mesa, northbound. AM viewing on the Land's End Overlook then back north to I-70, west to Palisade, then on to Gateway, CO skirting around Grand Junction along the way. A late AM tour of the Gateway Auto Museum is on tap www.GatewayAutoMuseum.com and then the rest of the fun begins. $9 for the museum.
    • From Gateway, we head south on CO141 along the Dolores River Canyon. In my opinion, the coolest driving road in all of Colorado. This is the Unaweep - Tabeguache Road, down to Norwood then eastbound to Ridgeway and on to the San Juan Skyway and a hop south to Durango for the evening. About 320 miles all day.
    • Make your Saturday hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn 877-863-4780 or the Hampton Inn 970-247-2600 or the Comfort Inn at 970-259-7900 or at any other location in Durango. A group dinner location will be posted.
    Sunday, September 27th
    • Meetup and good-byes at 8 am. 314 to Colorado Springs, 215 to Albuquerque, 456 to Phoenix, 395 to Salt Lake City.
    Questions? Post them here. Also, be sure to RSVP in the MINI5280 Calendar right here in NAM. If you want your information on the contact sheet, then email your Name, cell, and NAM handle to me at [email protected] and I will put you on the sheet.

Thanks,

Jonathan