Most liked posts in thread: Sabotage! Conspiracy! - Some odd thoughts on the Oil Spill

1. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    The sad thing is how many people probably believe limbaugh's theory :lol:

2. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I find conspiracy theories like this hilarious. I actually want to start one just to see how far it can spread. I especially like the government based ones, Clinton could not keep his BJ secret yet huge conspiracy's involving many people happen and nobody talks.

3. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Freakin' wackos everywhere...

and many, many who want to fan the flames for lots of reasons.

It's really, really sad.

Matt

4. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    While I have been and still am a supporter for more oil drilling and have an extreme distaste for the Obama administration, what happened on that oil rig was not some conspiracy by the anti drillers, no matter how timely for them it is..:frown2: While this sort of thing rairly happens, I am very disappointed in the preparations for such an event and how to contain them. Many things by many parties could have been done to contain the damage in a much more timely manner. Believe the report this morning was that there was some sort of methane gas bubble that caused the explosion....

5. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
  6. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Its not the first time an offshore rig has exploded and sunk, I know it has happened in the north sea some 20 years ago, accidents are going to happen, I do think we should be drilling where we have oil reserves, less money for people who dont like us.
    I do think they should have been more prepaired and I think they will in the future.
    Conspiracy not, accident yes, loss of life tragic..

7. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    A good rebuttal of Limbaugh: What Rush Limbaugh Doesn't Understand About Liberals - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

"This is a bizarre statement because it suggests that environmentalists would actually unleash a terrible environmental catastrophe so as to prevent future development of energy production. But the reason that they oppose off-shore drilling, or subsidies to build nuclear plants, is to prevent calamities such as this! Limbaugh seems to think that they don't actually care about the destruction of oceans or coastal areas, but they wish to prevent the off-shore oil drilling or construction of nuclear plants merely as to end unto itself."

8. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Here's the new BP logo. Though it's just not really enough. I think they should show more death and destruction. ;)

[​IMG]

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  10. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Limbaugh is the master. It's absolutely incredible how he can say "this next thing I'm going to say is going to be quoted out of context by the drive-by media and drive the liberals nuts"... then say something that, when quoted out of context, makes him sound completely insane / heartless / whatever.

And the result is that zillions of people who don't listen to his show get in a tizzy talking about Rush Limbaugh, like they think they know what he says on his show based on a few soundbytes they've heard, and completely disbelieving that thinking people could listen to him for any period of time. And a few thousand more folks actually do start listening. And after 6 weeks they agree with him. And his ratings go up.

He plans this stuff. And it works every time.

11. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
  12. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I heard some folks living on the Gulf coast think BP stands for, Beyond Patience.

Mark

13. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    My thoughts.

Any oil revenue that may have siphoned off should go directly to helping those directly impacted.

ANYONE involved, should not be let off the hook.

It seems very weird to me that I have seen commercials for companies that produce oil rigs in the last week or so. Like an oil rig is a regular consumer item:shocked:.

Mark

14. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    In news they really didn't need right now, the BP-controlled Trans-Alaskan pipeline shut down after electrical mishaps cause thousands of gallon of oil to spill into back-up containment systems.

15. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    They have done it before... When they burned the garage in California full of Hummers. They released many more harmful chemicals and pollutants into the air with the fire they set than all those Hummers together would have ever put out through emissions.

Just because they fight for a good cause does NOT mean they are intelligent or that they do the right thing. :frown2:

So far as a conspiracy, everyone loves a good one and when an opportunity presents itself, they come out with some whoppers.

Could it simply be that BP was cutting corners and our supposed protective government was letting them??? Things to make you go "Hmmmm."

16. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't believe in govt conspiracys... it's all because of incompetency

17. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Look, just cause allot of those big wigs with all the money can't get it up doesn't mean they did this on purpose.

:p

18. Robin Casady

Robin Casady New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Nov 30, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, Halliburton was involved...

The government agency being in bed with industry was part of the problem. We've been on an anti-govt., anti-regulation kick for quite awhile now, and we are starting to see the consequences. In a competitive industry, corporations tend to put quarterly financial reports over safety measures. It isn't evil intensions, or necessarily bad people, its just how people are in the circumstances. One of the benefits of having government mandate safety measures is that it levels the playing field. Everyone has to do it in our jurisdiction. So, there is less competitive pressure to skimp on safety measures.

The problem I have with offshore drilling is that, IMO, the hazards outweigh the gains. The amount of oil we could gain from offshore drilling expansion would barely make a difference towards our total consumption. For that tiny gain, we risk an important part of our food supply, and a number of important industries. Wetlands, like the ones endangered by this spill are the nurseries for a number of species that are either important food sources, or links in the food chain of important food sources.

The oceans are an ecosystem that we depend upon for oxygen and food. We need to take good care of them if we want a decent quality of life.

19. howsoonisnow1985

howsoonisnow1985 New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Inmate
    Santa Cruz County Jail
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #20 howsoonisnow1985, May 27, 2010
    Last edited: May 27, 2010
    Theories are lame, they are for those that that wish for more drilling, and trying to put blame of spill on some BS rather than letting BP take responsiblity for their own actions. I don't give a F*** drill all you want as long as it is not off the coast of California. Go drill in Gulf, East Coast, off Florida or off the Carolinas. They got crappy coasts anyways. I am totally "Pro-Drill the Beaches" as long as it is not on California's Pacific coast.

20. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    Farmers have figured out the easiest way to help clean up the spill..........obviously the politicians will look for some very costly ways to spend taxpayers money on some chemicals which then will cause an even bigger enviornmental diasters

enjoy: Cool solution to clean up oil disaster. [VIDEO]