Season 24

Discussion in 'Top Gear' started by Zapski, May 16, 2017.

1. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    OK, so all of the new season has aired, and I wanted to review it for you.

Chris Evans (the redhead with the glasses) is gone. The lead now is Matt LeBlanc, and the other two are Chris Harris, and Rory Reid.

Sabine does still show up occasionally as does Eddie Jordan, but they're more for special segments and are not on every show.

The original track is back for the Star, but the car is now a Reasonably Quick car, the Toyota version of the Subaru BRZ (my mind is going and I can't remember what Toyota calls it).

Chris Harris trains the stars now, not the Stig, and the stars hang around longer than they did before. They'll do an interview, show the training, and then move on. Then they usually do something else with the star, then show the lap.

The Stig only does the laps for the reviewed cars, and that's pretty much all we see of him (mostly).

The studio is totally different as well.

Basically, they re-invented the show again after Evans left, and to be honest, I like the new format a great deal. They're not the Three Amigos, but they've got a pretty good dynamic going on, and they're not trying to be the old show. It's less silly, but still has fun bits.

I like it. You might too.

2. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I enjoyed it, maybe even a little more than the Geriatric Tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,892 / 10 / -3
    Where can you watch it?