Selling a Mini?

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by rigidjunkie, Oct 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Allen I need to have the commission in cash? No donuts, just cash. :D

Mike the finders fee is also a cash deal. :lol:

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I'll work for beer:beer

Mark

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Mark, rumor has it you'll do more than work...for beer :sosp:

4. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Well the Toy Barn is really trying to temp me into buying a silver M3 they have on their lot. So today they get to look over my Mini and let me know what they would give me for it. Who knows maybe today is my last day of Mini ownership.

5. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    Allen, the 2002 M3 Ragtop?

6. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Yep that is the one. It was $23K a couple weeks ago. Has been on their lot for over 2 months and they really want it gone. I am not in love with the color, but the price is getting to the point where it is tempting. If I do not buy this one the search will begin for either a dark grey one or a light blue one.

7. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    I figured you were looking at the hardtop that was there for $31k.

I think you need to get the ragtop today, so you could test the heater out tomorrow with the top down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    going back to stock is the best way to maximize your cashflow to buy a new car. I offered my '06 R53 up for $30k as it sat (a $10k uptick over market), multiple sets of wheels and all (HRE's, SSR's and a winter set). Cross suspension, cylinder head, tune, 240whp, Recaro's, stock seats, etc. No takers. Parted it out, got $20k for the car and more than $15k on the parts when all was said and done. I had more than that in it of course (not counted depreciation on the car).

I've done the same on two Subaru's.....offered to sell the modded car as it was. Reverted to stock and made 2x the money back vs. offering a turn-key price.

9. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Brian that hardtop was simply amazing very low miles and very very clean. After driving with the Miata guys so much I want an open top car :) They also have a V8 M3 there now that is really nice, but way out of my price range.

10. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    In our area you can't get on track in a convertible unless it has a real roll bar....something to consider if you want to do some real high speed driving some day. Don't know if it's the same in your area, but I would think so since I'm talking about nationally sponsored events as well as local...

11. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Dave you are correct the open top keeps it off the track, but I have not had the time to do any track days for a couple of years and with 2 little boys that time is not magically going to appear any time soon. This will be a car for twisty roads and some AutoX and to enjoy. A few owners have also told me most tracks allow them with the hard top and those are not that expensive if I ever decided to go that route.

12. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Allen you can always track the Volvo or Outback. :)

13. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    And the Silver M3 has been sold! Just not to me :( Now I have to figure out what color I really want and start looking for one. At least I learned that the price I had in my head for the Mini is in the right ballpark.

14. cooper99

cooper99 Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Circus side show
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    What model M3 do you have in mind?

15. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    E46 vert. Trying to pick a color at this point I am down to: White, Green (very rare), dark grey, or blue. Like to buy in March.

16. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I'd recommend keeping up the seach. In March with spring fast approaching prices will be moving up. Buying a rag top in cold weather can save you some bucks.

17. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    It is sooooo weird to see my car in the NAM marketplace. It would be soooo awesome if I could see my car on Craig's list. For some reason my post is not appearing and their customer service is on par with their rates. It is hard to ***** about a free service, but I would love to know what the issue is with my posting so I could fix it.

18. cooper99

cooper99 Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Circus side show
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I've bought and sold quite a few things off craigslist without any major site/server issues.

I'm not trying to sound like captain obvious, but did you click on the link and activate your ad in the confirmation email? You also might want to try resizing your pictures to a smaller resolution and offering links to the full resolution photos from your flickr,picassa, etc.

19. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Actually that was the first mistake I made, but I went back in and clicked the button :) I was not sure if linking to pictures was allowed or not so I pulled the link out of my listing. I plan on waiting 48 hours and trying again. My frustration comes more from the fact that they have a help email address that responds with the FAQ section of the web site, really helpful.

20. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    external links are NOT allowed. I had several listings deleted (with no explanation) for that reason. Seems redirects are an issue on CL of late (didn't used to be that way).