Most liked posts in thread: Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) Wants to Tax Collector Cars

1. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    It amazes me how stupid our government has become. Send them all home and start over -- WITH TERM LIMITS and no retirement benefits.

2. ftttupwmcs

ftttupwmcs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What is bad is that they're not stupid. They know exactly what they are doing and that's scary to me!

3. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    I didn't know who he was (April Fools Joke or not) but when I saw (D-NY) at the end of his name I knew then that I didn't want to know about it..... :mad5:

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Interesting.....
    So all I really need to do is get an old car and then I too become instantly wealthy? Great rational in what it takes to become a senator in the US...
    That would almost be like me saying it takes a smart individual to become a senator. Or might that be an oxymoron? Orrrr might he simply be a moron? I wonder?

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo]YouTube - What A Maroon![/ame]

6. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    ....simply more redistribution of wealth. Take from those that do and give it to those that won't and have the ruling class eating caviar whilst deciding who gets what when....

Baaaaa....

We do elect these idiots ya know.

7. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Oh, and that was an April Fool's joke, BTW. They gotcha. :D

But I still stand by my earlier statement...

8. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    #7 minimark, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
    Same here...lol

PS: This wouldn't surprise me though, this from the same people that GIVE FOREIGN AID TO CHINA.....

9. Vollgas

Vollgas New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    What is horrible is that US manufacturers moved their mfg. out of the US to Mexico, Japan, Korea, China.
    These products are then imported with no duties or taxes on them because it's for US company.
    They pay oversea wages that amount to nothing.
    Then they get tax breaks for the oversea plants for "promoting industry growth".
    There is NOT ONE elected offical who has any common sense at all.
    ***** the lawyers, career politicans, and any other marron that currently holds office.
    They don't represent the people, they represent their own objectives.
    Living off of the taxpayers.

10. anuppercasej

anuppercasej New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    In MA we pay excise tax on the value of our car every year...

11. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: Wow! That's a shame. So.........I Gotta ask:crazy:.......Did Mary Jo's estate help Ted out on his depreciated car taxes in '68?:eek6:

Jason:popcorn:

12. djdraddy

djdraddy New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Before all you Tea Party Folks get your panties in a wad...

I believe the "Tax" that is being refferred to here is the current 10% Capital Gain tax on any Gain realized on the sale of a collectable just like the capital gain on most transactions is taxed. Its a Capital Gain tax not a tax on the asset itself.

BTW, the law has always been that the capital gain on any collectable is subject to a capital gain tax, always has been. Nothing new here!

I believe what is being discussed is a registry or way to track the value of the cars so that the current tax law can work and not the creation of a entirely new tax.

I guess it's just too easy to get the nuts to start flipping out these days!:incazzato:

Sorry Guys no big "Liberal Wealth Grab" here.

13. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Sense this thread is sorta of a tax increase thread, about paying for and God forbid, balancing the budget....

Does anyone have the exact figure that We paid last year in interest on the national debt? Does anyone know how far that money would have gone to actually pay for entitlements such as Medicare, Education or even securing Social Security, so that those that actually worked and paid into it would get back a portion under the plan?

Just another panty wadded Tea Party tax paying citizen here...

14. djdraddy

djdraddy New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am genuinely scared by the confusion many people have between being ignorant and being patriotic... When did it become patriotic to be ignorant?

15. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Typical, no answers, just accusations....

16. djdraddy

djdraddy New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm so sorry minimark... I thought your question was rhetorical. Since you seem to want an actual answer to your debt Service question... It's approximately 19-20% of the annual budget or in the neighborhood of $450 Billion for 2011.

17. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Ummmm...so we could reduce taxes by 19 to 20% if there wasn't a debt, which would give everybody a lot more money to spend, stimulating the economy or even possibly having more money to buy better healthcare with, etc., etc... Or we could leave taxes at their percent levels and have roughly $450 Billion Dollars annually to spend on our educational system to better prepare individuals to provide for themselves. Or even feed the hungry, help with first time home buyers, more research on alternative fuels.....gosh the list goes on and on... All without taxing hard working Americans more. But alas we continue to borrow money from people without American values and interest, tax the taxpayer to pay the interest so that we can fund programs that we cannot afford. All while increasing the debt and adding to the interest that we have to pay.....not to mention the principle....

Makes perfect sense......not.

18. djdraddy

djdraddy New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it sucks to have a national debt. The current National debt is about $14.5 Trillion dollars. In 2001 it was about $4 Trillion and we had a Budget Surplus of over $200 billion. Then George Bush was elected and he ran the country in to the ditch (Economic collapse in 2008).

BTW, The service on the National Debt (interest expense) in 2000 was about $120 Billion. Go figure!

19. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    You do realize the sitting idiot spent more in his first year than all other presidents combined? The budget surplus you speak of happened at the expense of the military being gutted and our intelligence services being stripped. Not say GW was a great president by any means, but it isn't like Billy boy left him a rose bed either. And he has been out of office for how many years now??? You have to take responsibility for your vote at some point...

20. minimark

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    #21 minimark, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Yes Bush did raise the national debt by an alarming rate, the last two years of his Presidency with a Democractic controlled House did even worse.

Simple fact is though that Obama in his first 20 MONTHS in office with both the Senate and House being controlled by his party DOUBLED what it took Bush to do in 8 YEARS. Bares repeating: Obama in 20 months, doubled the amount that the national debt was increased by Bush in 8 years. 20 months.

In fact Obama in his first 19 MONTHS in office with both houses in his pocket increased the public debt that you and I and every tax payer owes, by more than the cumulative amount amassed by every President from George Washington through Ronald Reagan....

What must be understood is that us/the Tea Party have our panties in a wad with both parties and want both to be fiscally responsible. Did you not notice along with the incumbant Democrats that the Tea Party assisted in kicking out of office in the last election, that there was also a large number of Republican incumbents that were sent home to enjoy their taxapayer paid retirement and their for life golden healthcare plan, one in which were not part of the so called Obamacare?

The Tea Party is not a party. It is in fact largely composed of hard working Americans that believe in the Constitution, smaller Federal government, one that by its very nature cannot and should not be all things to all people. One that is fiscally responsible, one that doesn't waste money on every little pet project, one that rewards efficient spending of our tax dollars and one that also will and should take care of the old, the helpless and one that will assist those in time of need to assist themselves back up on their feet...

The Tea Party is not new, it used to be referred to as the "silent majority". ;)