Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) Wants to Tax Collector Cars

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Nathan, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    #21 minimark, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Yes Bush did raise the national debt by an alarming rate, the last two years of his Presidency with a Democractic controlled House did even worse.

Simple fact is though that Obama in his first 20 MONTHS in office with both the Senate and House being controlled by his party DOUBLED what it took Bush to do in 8 YEARS. Bares repeating: Obama in 20 months, doubled the amount that the national debt was increased by Bush in 8 years. 20 months.

In fact Obama in his first 19 MONTHS in office with both houses in his pocket increased the public debt that you and I and every tax payer owes, by more than the cumulative amount amassed by every President from George Washington through Ronald Reagan....

What must be understood is that us/the Tea Party have our panties in a wad with both parties and want both to be fiscally responsible. Did you not notice along with the incumbant Democrats that the Tea Party assisted in kicking out of office in the last election, that there was also a large number of Republican incumbents that were sent home to enjoy their taxapayer paid retirement and their for life golden healthcare plan, one in which were not part of the so called Obamacare?

The Tea Party is not a party. It is in fact largely composed of hard working Americans that believe in the Constitution, smaller Federal government, one that by its very nature cannot and should not be all things to all people. One that is fiscally responsible, one that doesn't waste money on every little pet project, one that rewards efficient spending of our tax dollars and one that also will and should take care of the old, the helpless and one that will assist those in time of need to assist themselves back up on their feet...

The Tea Party is not new, it used to be referred to as the "silent majority". ;)

2. djdraddy

djdraddy New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Johngo... Like I said before: I am genuinely scared by the confusion many people have between being ignorant and being patriotic... When did it become patriotic to be ignorant?

I can see how patriotic you are!

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Perfectly logical leftist process for success:

Step 1: call others ignorant
    Step 2: go to step 1

4. djdraddy

djdraddy New Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Minimark, you need to check your "facts". The national debt on Jan 1, 2002, the beginning of Bush's first budget year, was approximately $5.9 Trillion. On Jan 1, 2009, the beginning of Obama's first budget year, it was approximately $10.9 Trillion. Today the National Debt is approximately $14.2 Trillion. Of the $3.3 Trillion increase, about a $1 Trillion has gone to pay the service on the existing debt and $1.5 Trillion has gone to keep the economy from going into a full Financial collapse and Depression. Both of which are really not Obama's fault.

I'm a registered Republican but I'm not stupid. The budgetary problems we as a country have are significant but it does no good to anyone when a large part of the voting public learns about the issues by listening to sound bites that are generally wrong.

With regard to your alignment with the "Tea Party" Have you ever actually read the Constitution? I would bet you haven't, I have. One problem I always end up with when I speak to Tea Party objectives is "How do you see any of what you propose happening"? There are no viable ideas put forward.

Another thing I see quite often with "Tea Party" people is anger. I see the anger in your writing. In addition to being generally rather closed minded and intolerant, Tea Party people are very angry. It's very easy to manipulate people once you get them angry. What scares me is that something like this happened about 80 years ago in a country called Germany. Maybe you've heard of it, maybe not. Yeah know It's very easy to be closed minded, intolerant, and angry. It removes the need to think.

Also, any time I hear someone start off a statement with "What must be understood is that" its not good, Its a demand like with Hostages or something.

I really wish this didn't decend into a political bck and forth. I am not a "Leftist Liberal" just because I actually rear and understand what was being proposed in the Sen. Schumer article.

Like I've said before... When did it become patriotic to be ignorant?

5. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    You tell us... You are very adept at it and drinking the big government kool aid.

Answer this, oh so enlightened one:

Who EXACTLY does big government benefit? Because the sooner you and your big government cronies pull your heads from the brown spots you have them stuck, the better off this country will be.

That is not patriotic, that is a fact.

So keep up your moronic line of Patriotic = ignorant, because all it does is shine a very bright light on your lack of ability to realize that your coveted dumbocratic party is leading us into another brown spot that we may never get out of.

6. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Oh and since you are so bright and intelligent, perhaps you just didn't see the post that the article was an April Fool's joke.

Now who's looking ignorant?

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    OK, it got personal, that is not tolerated.

Closed Thread.

8. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    OK, it got personal, that is not tolerated.

Closed Thread.