1st Gen R53 Cooper S Service Manuals

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by CarlB, Nov 3, 2009.

1. CarlB

CarlB Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    What service manuals are people finding useful? I know about the Bentley one (I have a 2005 & 2006) Are factory manuals available? I think I someone told me you could get CDs with the factory material, is that true?
    Help I need to repair a door that will not unlock electrically. Although it will lock. In general it is time to start to figure out how things are put together.

2. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I use the standard Bentley manual you have as well as the realOEM site. For a problem such as you're describing I think Bentley released an electric diagnostic manual this past summer for our cars that may be useful.

3. CarlB

CarlB Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thsnk you for the reply. I am not familar with RealOEM. I went to the site for a quick look. Do they have Mini stuff, and do they have workshop manuals on the site?

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    RealOEM has the entire parts listings for you MINI. They do not sell product but are supported by advertising.

Step through the guide to pick yor year and model and the entire parts catalog is open to you just as published for MINI. I won't say it's the most intuitive thing to use. Lets just say MINI has a unique take on where some things ought to be cataloged.

If you can't find what you are looking for there please feel free to ask. Some of us have far to much experience in hunting down the odd bit.

5. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    The best repair manual publicly avail is the Bentley Repair Manual. It has instructions for almost everything and wiring diagrams.