Exterior 3rd Gen Most liked posts in thread: Show me pics of your rooftop cargo carrier please

1. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    I have found that with the F56 the roof box hits the rear spoiler. It takes just the right positioning to get it so it doesnt slam into the spoiler. You are gonna want to get a shorty antenna as well.

MINI Parts -

2. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    There are a lot of sizes of Thule boxes out there, I bought mine for my Clubby off the net, from Amazon I think. I had to add the cross bars as I had roof rails but it holds a lot of stuff and it doesn't seem to affect the mileage more than 1 or 2. Mine's been to Colorado several times, to Arkansas, North Carolina, South Dakota, Wyoming and a whole lot of other places.

We have small dogs and between their carriers, bedding and so on it all takes a lot of space but not weight - a car topper is ideal for this stuff.

Attached Files:

3. bctf1

bctf1 New Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Retired
    Westminster, CO
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply. I am in the same exact position as you with the wife and dog carrier. We would defiantly need the top box for any real trip in the MCS. Is your box noisy when driving? How long does it take to mount and remove?