Show me your garage

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by jeffc, Aug 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I just wet all over myself. very nice indeed and thanks for resurrecting this lost thread!

Now, let's see what lives there.

2. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    It's sooo clean!

Mine's a shithole and it's all car stuff.

3. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    In the beginning, it was this-My beloved R53 El Kabong and Hubby's truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then El Kabong was murdered and the truck moved out, and we have this-
    My R56 S Mozart and hubby's Countryman S, Wulfric.

[​IMG]

Hopefully by this time next week I will be posting the new additions. Ship just docked with hubby's R55 S and my R56 S on board!

4. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    ^^^^^^I hate you!! (just kidding)

5. cef911f1

cef911f1 New Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stumbled on this thread researching opinion on lifts. Here's my shop

We have a two car attached garage but I needed a place to work on the vehicles including a couple of restoration projects I built this detached 1-1/2 story garage as a combination 'mancave' (upstairs) and a working shop downstairs. I'm a retired engineer having spent the bulk of my career building assembly and test machinery for the auto industry.

I have a '65 VW Bug that's all but done (as a driver) and a '71 Triumph TR6 that is undergoing a frame off. I regretfully sold my '86 911 after completely restoring it. I bought it new and put 144K on it before completely restoring it to like new condition.

I build a lot of my own stuff including the body rotisserie I'm currently working on. I also tend to buy a lot of cheap tools and modify them.

Additionally, I do all of the maintenance on two of our three daily drivers (an '04 R53, an '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. (WJ). Our other DD is a '14 Jeep GC Ltd. (WK2). It's still under factory warranty so all I do to it is the routine maintenance.

Rather than post a ton of pics, here is a link to an imgur album I made of the shop. It has some of the construciton pics adn includes some pics of my 'helpers'. My shop - Album on Imgur

6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I like your nifty dog shower...:Thumbsup:
    Noticed the galvanized pipe fittings and brass valves...
    My house was built in the 1940's copper throughout the house until you come to the faucet connections.... Had to replace all of the pipe fittings that were galvanized steel with copper due to corrosion from galvanic action... Whut were they thinking back then???? All of the galvanized steel fittings had rust buildup that reduced the pipe ID to a mere trickle of water flow... Copper brought it all back to 1940's gusher....:Thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    My garage. Here is a shot from my Audi days. I owned one of the Audis, and the other was a press car I had for a week. I'll let you guess which is which. :biggrin5:

[​IMG]

Here is a shot with my home-built teardrop camper in the garage. I had a ton of fun camping in that thing. That is also how I first became acquainted with Angib. Seems we both like MINIs and teardrops.

[​IMG]

CD

8. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Caseydog, do you still have your Allroad? We still love ours, bought almost brandy new in 2004....

9. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    Why would you think that the allroad was the one I owned, and not the R8? :wink:

I loved that allroad, but you need deep pockets to own one. When the original warranty ran out, I paid $3,600 for an extended warranty. They paid out over $6,000 in covered repairs. When the extended warranty ran out, I sold it.

CD