Smoked Tail Lights without the $400 price tag

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Sneedspeed, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Sneedspeed

Sneedspeed New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Racing cars
    Pfafftown NC
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    #1 Sneedspeed, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    Want Smoked out taillights or fogs but dont want to spend an arm and a leg to get that custom look? SneedSpeedShop now proudly carries VHT Night-Shades lens coatings in a sprayable form. This is one of the hottest products that VHT has to offer and this comes courtesy of their specialty products division. We have tried this and had amazing results!!! One can will do a whole car, taillights fogs and corners with ease. get the look you want without expensive housings or film covers. one coat is all it takes.

$13 per can-

for more information or to order
    Ask for Preston

Attached Files:

2. Sneedspeed

Sneedspeed New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Racing cars
    Pfafftown NC
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Here is an example of what this product looks like on e30 bmw tail lights!!!

We just wanted to post some pics of how this product turns out after one simple coat on a bumber from an e30 bmw, take a look and if anyone is interested give me a call for more info or to order 336.923.2044 Preston

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the Motoring Alliance Crew!!!

Attached Files:

3. Sneedspeed

Sneedspeed New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Racing cars
    Pfafftown NC
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    a few more pics with the tails lit up!

Here are a few more shots with the tails lit up professionally by Chris Sneed holding a flashlight in the bulb sockets!! LOL

Attached Files:

4. Batrugger

Batrugger New Member

May 13, 2009
    Soldier
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Here's an example that all of you can relate to. These are spray tinted, wet sanded smooth, and then polished just like the car paint:

IMG_7288.jpg

5. orangecrush

orangecrush New Member

May 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The smoke color looks great but the only thing I don't like about VHT is the lamps aren't shiny like the original glass, it's a little dull.

I want mine shiny like the factory.

IMAG0396.jpg

6. kris

kris New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Full time student, testing the tensile strength of
    rural sprawl of Missery
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    lens polish??? or urithane the sprayed lamps??? still looks better than the stocking mod

7. orangecrush

orangecrush New Member

May 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Kris,

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.... Are you asking if they were cleared?

The lenses were based in a black with clear mixed in it and then cleared over. They retain the shine of the factory and you can make it as dark as you like.

Of course, they cost MUCH more than the 13.00 a can the OP suggested. The VHT tint is a cheaper, more economical way of doing it.

Mark

8. kris

kris New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Full time student, testing the tensile strength of
    rural sprawl of Missery
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No I was giving examples of how one could take the VHT and put an extra step in and give it that shine that you were referring to, for 13 a can and a little fabricating know how, I'm sure you could tweak the finished product to look like your smoked.

Doing a 2 stage job (VHT, then a urithane sealer) I'm sure you could come out with a shiny lens. I have never used this product,but if it is like most spray based paints I would imagine that you could spray then take some lens polish, or toothpaste, and put a shine on the plastic, just like you can do with a bikes wind screen.