So what did YOU do today

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by checkers, Feb 17, 2021.

1. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Same here....63 but still doing track days :Thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. checkers

checkers Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Male
    retired
    Modesto, Ca
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 0 / -1
    I have a little trouble remembering that long ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. checkers

Jun 11, 2009
    Male
    retired
    Modesto, Ca
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 0 / -1
    March Events with NorCal HOD
    Thanks to the many drivers who got started early with our
    February events!!
    As the weather warms up, so will the tracks!! Get the trusty steed ready to rock with events at all 3 of our primary tracks!

• March 6-7 Weekend at Thunderhill 3 mile
    • March 20-21 Weekend at WeatherTech Laguna Seca
    • March 25 Sonoma Raceway
    Ever driven Buttonwillow Raceway? Your chance is coming and you'll love this super fun course! Plan ahead to join us there on April 12th!
    Register HERE and we'll see you soon!!

Interested in trying Willow Springs or Chuckwalla?
    Click HERE
    to see dates for our new SoCal Region events!

I got this today. See why I live here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Thats great. The track here is not much to wright home about.

5. checkers

Jun 11, 2009
    Male
    retired
    Modesto, Ca
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 0 / -1
    I like Thunder Hill. I thank it's fits the mini the best. There are a couple off camber turns that make it interesting.

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    #26 wmwny, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Got my second Covid-19 vaccine shot today...so far, so good.

I did well today, after getting the vaccine. Tonite, I felt tired and went to bed for a few hours...got up just now and my arm hurts like hell, so I'm taking the recommended dosage of Tylenol and heading back to bed. We'll see what tomorrow brings, but I'm STILL glad I got the shot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. checkers

Jun 11, 2009
    Male
    retired
    Modesto, Ca
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / 0 / -1
    I'll get my second one on the March 10th

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I get my first next Tuesday. What a cluster fark it was to get an appointment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    I got my 2nd Moderna shot a week or so past, hit me hard for 3 days, now good to go.

As for what I did today, had lunch with Mark an old RMVR race buddy, we used to trailer his Spitfire vintage racer and I trailered my 67 Alfa Romeo GT to the tracks out here in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska and to some of the events in Arizone and California (Phoenix, Palm Springs with Vara). He continues to drive a hot Datsun 510, I stopped long ago, but I do like track days for those with a little bit of need for speed. His plan is Road Amerca, and Austin for a nice vintage race or two, perhaps 2 or 3 at HPR here in Colorado. All he needs is to sort an electrical problem that has been a pisser for this past season. We discussed at lunch, which is a nice way to spend a good hour or so.

I took the 20 Clubby JCW to lunch, nice short drive, dry roads 37 degrees, tires are the runflats summer bricks for sure. Need to up my game before a real track day.

So tonight we are looking for 5 to 8 inches of new snow after 2 days in the 50s, today in the high 30s, sigh! Come on Spring time, it almost March.

Take care, mask up.

Don

10. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    No pain, no gain, Chuck! :Devilish:

11. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    My wife got her second shot yesterday. So far she only has a headache. I will be scheduling mine soon.

12. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    I got mine yesterday around noon and lasted until around 7 PM when my arm started hurting, so I went to bed for a nap. When I awoke around 11 PM, it was REALLY hurting so I took two 500 mg. tabs of Tylenol and went back to bed. I awoke today around 8 AM with my arm almost immovable, so I gulped down 2 more Tylenol tabs. It is now almost Noon here and the arm pain seems to be lessening some. Hopefully, I can horse the garbage cans into the house [it was trash night last night] from the street, take
    the dog for his walk, and get some groceries before my next dosage later today.

I'm sure glad I have had no chills or headaches.

13. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    I kinda lived on tylenol for 2 days and slept one day for 14 hours and another 15 on the third day, each time I was up I took tylenol, I did run a fever at 101 for a day. 2nd shot was a little harder for me, many folks have no symptoms, I think some of us old guys get hit harder, but all the symptoms point to your immune system doing it's job. So MASK up. Enjoy some nice drives and stay safe.
    Don

14. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    My wife was laid down flat the day after her second shot. A day later & she is fine. I get my first arm stick on Tuesday.

15. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Yesterday was the full arm pain down day for me, insofar as recuperating from that second vaccine goes. Today is much better and I guess I'm back to about normal [whatever that is], with just a smidge of arm discomfort, so I dosed myself with what I hope are my last 2 500mg. tabs of Tylenol.

Gee, I just cannot wait for the booster that Dr. Fauci thinks might be on the horizon in the next 6 mos. and the probable yearly Covid shots thereafter until I croak. I guess I'd better invest in some Tylenol stock.:rolleyes:

16. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    So far my wife is doing well.

17. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    Had my employee review today. Manager gave me very good ratings in everything. Then I told her I was retiring later this year. I'm not eligible for COVID vaccine until June. We're running a bit behind in Canada.

18. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Congrats on retiring! Just stay masked and safe in the meantime!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +3,025 / 6 / -5
    Congratulations on your retirement. No matter how good you think retirement will be it’s better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Skidmarks

Skidmarks Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Male
    IT/OT Analyst
    Wichita, KS
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    The R56 was throwing a code for the thermostat sensor and leaking a little coolant. I ordered a new thermostat from Amazon, and it suggested I also replace the coolant pipe, so I added that also.

Two weeks ago it was bitter cold, negative temps, so what better time to replace those parts? I pulled the thermostat, but could not get the pipe out. I got overly aggressive and broke the end of the pipe, no choice but to change it now.

I decided I had to pull the intake after reading a couple of articles and struggled with that - especially the lower bolt. I was able to get it off and get the pipe out. Then I could not get the new pipe to seat into the water pump and at midnight I quit for the day. Early the next morning I went back at it and got the pipe to seat pretty easy - a few more hours and it was all back together. I filled the overflow with coolant and it poured out at the pipe to water pump area. I'm guessing the o-ring got pushed out on the bottom where I could not see it. I was done. My back was killing me, hands looked like I had fought a badger and it was worse than when I started.

I considered setting the car on fire or just driving it to CarMax and take whatever they would give me. I calmed down a bit and sent an email to Johnny the car Ninja, from Hoovies Garage videos to see what he would charge. Johnny replied on Monday to give him a call. I called and explained the situation and he said that pipe HAD to be an OEM part, aftermarket just don't work. He said he could do it for $294, but he didn't need to. Confused, I said yes it still need to get done. He said, "yeah, but you have already done the work. I know it isn't fun, but you know how to do this, just get the right part and do it again." I hung up with him and thought about it, ordered the correct part and the next weekend got it all done in about four hours. Comparing the aftermarket to OEM the aftermarket pipe was about 1/4" longer and must get tweaked when you tighten the thermostat.

Car runs great, doesn't leak and has no codes. I can't say enough about how nice Johnny was, motivating me while turning away work.