Pre Migration So....why only one side?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by jiminni, Feb 23, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    #121 jiminni, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

2. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    To the mods, since I started this thread, can I request it to be locked down? Its going south, and to no good. Thanks.

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I for one am not going to lock it. But I will offer a suggestion: stop posting in this thread. All three of you. See how that works for a few weeks. We'll re-evaluate then.

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    #124 Nathan, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
    Let me get this straight...

Just over a year ago this thread was created by the person now asking for it to be closed to point out what the thread starter thought was an inequity on the site. The facts of the matter were danced around in the 1st post and when fully brought to light the matter had the support of the vast majority of those that chimed in.

A year later the OP revisits a dormant thread with for all can tell is the intent to shame me and the staff into doing their bidding when things are not going the way the OP likes.

I'm sorry, but that is not going to happen. The member that poked the OP was talked to and has said they would stop. I thank that person for that, besides, it's not a challenge to poke the OP of this thread and get a rise.

So now, since this has not taken the direction the OP ultimately desires the OP wants the thread closed.

It laid dormant for almost a year before, it can lay dormant again. It's really simple. Don't post in it if you cannot agree with the outcome.

Lastly, I read other places and from messages you have sent me that you think me and possibly others are trying to goad you into doing something that will get you banned. I will never do that. All I do is provide the rope, if you want to turn that into a great sculpture of knots and wow the world, please do. Conversely if you want to make it into a noose, that's up to you. There are darn close to 6000 members here, close to 5999 of them make pretty and/or useful things with the rope, only 1 or 2 try to use the rope for bad things.

That was a really long way to say I'm not closing this thread by request.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    There is one.

On your User CP, under Settings and Options is Edit Ignore List. You can enter the screen name of the person(s) you would like to ignore. Their posts will not display to you.

Caveat, if the ignored person is quoted then text will be displayed in the quote.

6. Doggybags

Doggybags New Member

May 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This thread provides scientific proof that some humans lack the "logic" gene.