SoCal Wildflowers!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Dwight, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Dwight

Dwight Racing with the Gods
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just did a 500mi. "test" of my new RMW tune in the Sierra foothills and it was of the "OMG, what have I done to my MINI" variety! Gobs of fun, but nothing compared to the wildflower show. Haven't seen anything like it in decades. So many colors, so bright and it just went on for mile after mile. These pics don't even come close. Get out there quick, it won't last long. :yesnod:

Attached Files:

2. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wildflowers are nice, but they tend to bring out the road-clogging tourists! I'll be heading up and over the mountains pretty soon. I think Palomar is too cold in the morning right now so I'm waiting for things to warm up a little. Did you happen to head up South and/or East Grade during your adventures?

3. Dwight

Dwight Racing with the Gods
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    #3 Dwight, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
    Went up Sat. the back way (I-15, 395, I-58) and did most of the twisty viewing in the Tehachapi/Sierra foothills on the Valley side. Other than folks having picnics in the flower fields, there was no traffic! Only "traffic" I had for awhile was on the Caliente Canyon mega-twisty (+20mi.). A modded 325i tried to stay with me for about half a mile, but then sorta faded from view, LOL. Lovin' that RMW Tune! If you ever get a chance to drive that road, DO IT. It's just the intro to another 30-40mi. of the same thing. Definitely will separate the men from the idiots! :D :devil:

Attached Files:

4. Ofioliti

Ofioliti New Member

May 9, 2009
    Professor
    ... always curious
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Beautiful! :cornut:

Kinda tough eh---sit and enjoy the view or get back to motoring the MINI. :arf: