Soon 2 b new Mini owner & excited New member from Tampa !

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by Motormax, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Motormax

Motormax New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    I'm CEO/Owner of GGS (Gryphon Global Services) a i
    Beautiful Tampa Bay Florida
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm Max and I have admired Mini's for a long time. I was into Japan imports for most of my life. I (and my little girl) have made it through a really tough time in my life and I wanted to celebrate by getting a new car (Have not had one of my own for three years) So out of habit I immediately started looking at the Import and tuning Mags... Next step go take a look. First stop Honda they have a new gen Civic Si out.... Yes the technology package they offer is pretty cool, tuning potential is there but the car is so Blah so Boring ! The availability is so limited that I couldn't even test drive one. And well... I just wasn't feeling it. When I went to look the salesman said I was to old for a sports car and tried to talk me in to a hybrid ! Jesus ! So checked out Mazda the speed3 was fast sure but it's a sled ! Handles like a 72 Camaro (Yuk !) and there is not much customization on the speed3's which is a big factor with me. Subaru ... Nope not a big fan. Nissan only has good two seat cars. Scion ? Well those are for kids I must admit. So I was out with my daughter in the car I'm kind of renting from my friend (he fell on hard times and I'm making his car payments) just thinking I don't really know what to do. My little girl was in the back seat bopping to the radio( she knows we are looking for our own car and is very excited.) Then I hear a shriek "Daddy Daddy ! Whats that car ? I love it !!" I look over and there was a Mini Copper Hard Top. A pale blue (Blue is her favorite color) with white rally stripes. Oh that one ? That is a Mini Cooper, they are cool don't you think ?.. "Are they fast poppa ?" Well yes my friend Lance had one and he always said it was pound for pound the fastest car he ever owned (He drove a Lotus when he said that to me by the way) "Why don't you look at those huh Daddy ?" I thought why not ? I have always admired them. So I did look and They had EVERYTHING I was looking for ! Turbo, Handling (The test drive was GREAT!), a technology package that rivals (& beats frankly) most top luxury cars, complete and total customization, compact size, (the Clubman is just right for the both of us) killer good looks, and this kind of Rebel quirky quality and community that I love ! It's just so me esp at this point of my life. So here I am for advice and hopefully meet new friends ! I'm glad to be here ! lol

Side note for Nathan : I joined another Forum a few days ago looked at others and I wish I saw this one 1st ! I am glad to be here !

2. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
  3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Welcome to M/A Max....:D
    There are a few young oldsters here having the time of our life, riding in MINI's....:Thumbsup:

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, thanks for joining Motoring Alliance.

Thanks for the PM note too...

5. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to m/a......

6. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the madness! :)

7. Rawhyde

Rawhyde Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Facilities Engineer
    Mountains of NW Georgia
    Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to M/A! This is a fun place to hang out and read about MINIs. You're coming at this from the opposite angle as me, so I'm interested to see how it all turns out for you.

I bought my MINI and drove it daily for three years, then bought a Honda for a daily driver. Not to cast any stones or create any ill will, but I've never liked my Honda. No heated seats, no xenon headlights, no options other than transmission and navigation. Everything is in different trim levels. I bought my Honda for a commuter car, so I didn't expect it to be fast, but I also didn't expect to be outrun on mountain roads by grandmas in Buicks. Less than a week into ownership, I regretted getting the poverty edition and wished I'd bought the Si. I bought swaybars and some takeoff springs/shocks from an Si and installed them immediately. It's much better, but it's not what I call a good handling car.

Owning a MINI first has left me disappointed in Hondas. I'm interested to see how a Honda fan reacts to a MINI!

8. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!
    I hope your Clubman gives you and your little girl as many smiles as mine gives me. :cool:

9. tybeegirl

tybeegirl Member
    Supporting Member

May 8, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Welcome. Your daughter has excellent taste in vehicles:Thumbsup:
    My last car was an Acura TL..Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

10. Way Motor Works

Way Motor Works New Member

May 4, 2009
    MINI Tuner
    Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +206 / 0 / -0
    Welcome, let the fun begin

11. docv

docv Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 30, 2009
    moble auto paint tech ( PTU )
    Central Missouri
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the group, hook up with the Sunshine MINI group there in Florida and mark the first week of May next year to join us at MINIs on the Dragon...:Thumbsup:

12. Motormax

Motormax New Member

Jun 4, 2012
    I'm CEO/Owner of GGS (Gryphon Global Services) a i
    Beautiful Tampa Bay Florida
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Oh WOW What a welcome ! Thank you all very much ! Yep I plan to give very detailed reports every step of the way from placing my order through reception through the aftermarket process.. so if your really really bored stay tuned as I get tuned !! LOL ! I know this is not the correct thread to get in to detail of what my order is going to be but I'll keep all interested parties informed of that too ! :popcorn:

13. Uncle

Uncle New Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!