Soooooo Whatcha Eating?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Metalman, Mar 20, 2010.

1. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I have never had Wagyu beef before. I know exactly how I would prepare it and cook it. I have gone through that process in my head many times. I just need to bite the bullet, and buy the meat, and DO IT!

CD

2. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I made my first lasagna tonight. I didn't follow a recipe, per se. I read a few recipes, got the general idea, and came up with my own single-serving size lasagna. It was very good -- and VERY filling. I'm stuffed.

Lasagna001.jpg

CD

3. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    Happy Easter. I decided to whip up a simple dinner of Lobster Thermidor a Crevette, with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top... and spam.

CD

4. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    Hmm, no Monty Python fans here, I guess, since my April 1 post went nowhere.

It is grilling season again, and I grilled up some chicken thighs seasoned with black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper. I double fried some taters to golden, crispy goodness for on the side.

ChikinFries4-18.jpg

A nice Spring chicken and fries basket.

5. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Whipped up a batch of guacamole for supper. Only thing wrong with it was the lack of cilantro. Got in a hurry shopping and forgot it. Still damn tasty though. Tastes better than it looks.

fullsizeoutput_5b6.jpeg

6. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    I meant to take a photo as I was catching up at this thread last night... while at a booth at Waffle House! Sometimes there is nothing like breakfast for dinner... the All-American (eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, toast and a pecan waffle) with a glass of OJ.

7. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0

I have been known to partake of the delicacies of Le House du Waffles. I get the triple-scramble, with hash browns (scattered), and a side of bacon. White toast, please... and coffee.

But, last night, I went all healthy and grilled some beef and fresh veggies on some metal spikes. My taste-buds were quite happy, and my arteries breathed a sigh of relief.

Kabobs001.jpg

CD

8. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    4B9EA2F5-91B2-4AD4-B9F6-C067268A5699.jpeg
    I know - I was surprised. I posted somewhere else the run away scene.. for something. Not many knew that scene. Came down stairs a few days ago and my boys at 12 we’re watching the holy grail. I joined in. :)

Eating breakfast at 6am... life on the road. :(

9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Needs more BACON !

10. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    My next door neighbor had BBQ chicken going on his grill one night last week. There is something about the smell of BBQ chicken that immediately transports me back to my grandparents yard when I was 10 years old. My wife is one of those folks who would be vegetarian if she didn't like the taste of meat so much... she generally will do boneless breast, but very rarely will she ever eat chicken from the bone. BBQ chicken isn't the same when it is just a boneless lump, so I did whole pieces. Dinner last night: BBQ Chicken, baked beans, grilled corn on the cob, coleslaw, white bread and butter. YUM!

11. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Stopped on the way home from a VA appointment. Rewarded myself with a box of Popeye's Chicken with onion rings, mashed taters & gravy, red beans & rice, and biscuits. That should hold me for a couple days. :Thumbsup:

12. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    My doctor told me I was pre-diabetic. Had to give up my low carb eating plan. I found a quick answer when one has to change an eating habit quickly. Nutrisystem for men. It is a surprising plan. I eat 5 or 6 times a day. The food is surprisingly edible (notice I didn't say good ), there is a controlled portion size that is adequate (after a small amount of time), and it is portable. The first week I lost like 3 lbs and am probably up to 5 lb, But I will admit I had some slips along the way... If your health dictates an eating plan change, Nutrisystem is a good alternative.

To illustrate my point...

When my wife was diagnosed with diabetes years ago, her A1c was over 15, when the normal range is <6. She has been on Nutrisystem for years and her A1c is now <6--Normal
    ps we both exercise regularly....

13. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    I like me some Popeye's red beans and rice! A bowl of that and a spicy chicken po-boy does it for me. And some sweet tea, of course.

CD

14. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    My problem isn't blood sugar, it is a liver that has seen to much action.

I'm 5'11" and 165 pounds, so I can eat what I want, but have to be careful what I wash it down with.

Tonight, it was US wild caught shrimp and scallops, red and orange bell peppers, Texas 1015 sweet onions, garlic and shrooms cooked a scorching hot cast-iron wok on the Weber Kettle. And... non-alcohol beer. St. Pauli Girl non-alcohol beer, so not bad -- just pricey.

Wok002.jpg

Wait, that is actually reasonably healthy.

CD

15. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    In honor of 4/20, I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time... roll a fatty and smoke it. [​IMG]

I took a chub of Jimmy Dean sausage, and wrapped it in bacon, in kind of a "zig zag" pattern. I smoked it on the Weber Kettle with some hickory wood.

Fatty001.jpg

Some people add all kinds of rubs to their fatties, but I just poured a generous amount of Vermont maple syrup on mine for the last ten minutes on the smoker. That stuff goes perfectly with smoked pork, IMO. Especially pork sausage and bacon.

When it was done, I sliced it up for some sliders.

Fatty003B.jpg

Leftovers with biscuits and eggs for breakfast? That's what I'm thinking.

CD

16. TATTRAT

TATTRAT Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    A la cart from Texas de Brazil: Sausage, Bacon Wrapped Chicken, Bacon Wrapped, Cheese Stuffed Grilled Jalapenos.

Attached Files:

17. TATTRAT

Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    Baja Salmon w/ Pico and Spicy Crema, Tossed Salad, Potatoes. the best $11 dinner in town.

Attached Files:

18. caseydog

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    This is how I like to cook.

Ribs001.jpg

Got some baby-back ribs being cooked with charcoal and hickory wood.

CD

19. TATTRAT

Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    Got some baby baks today, was too good a deal not to pass up. Still debating on how I'll prepare them, I got 4 racks. Some will be going in the sous vide for sure.

20. TATTRAT

Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Lil side salad from Mc.D's with sous vide NY strip.