2nd Gen JCW Specs for new JCW

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by GeorgeCo, Jun 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. GeorgeCo

GeorgeCo Site Sponsor
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    Motorer
    Mt. Airy, MD
    Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    For those of you with an '09+ JCW R56: I've been thinking lately about trading in my '04 MCS for a new JCW hardtop. I use the MINI for my daily driver as well as the occasional autocross or trackday. I now have a dedicated track car (BMW E30 325is) so the new car wouldn't see as much track time as the old one (current car has over 5K of 147K miles on the track.) My normal commute is about 40 miles each way. Half the distance is on two lane country roads (twistys) and the other half is in DC Beltway traffic at a brisk average of 21 MPH. My current car's suspension is great for the track but too jarring for the crappy local roads (Koni yellow/IE camber plates/H&R sport springs). That's a long winded way to get at these questions:

1. How does the stock JCW suspension on the new model compare to the Sport Suspension that originally came on my R53 MCS?

2. What's the difference between the three suspension offerings now available on the JCW Configurator? Any difference in ride height among the three? How about swaybars front and rear?

3. If I'm looking for the ride compliance of the R53 Sport Suspension but with a 22mm rear bar and adjustable control arms, which suspension is better for my needs? (95% street/ 5% track)

4. Do any of the three offer any camber gain in the front over the R53 Sport Suspension?

5. Is there a better aftermarket package that would offer a slight drop in ride height, yet not have the harshness of my current suspension?

6. Is there any one option you regret not getting when configuring your JCW?

Thanks.

2. phinz

phinz New Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I wish I had adaptive headlights, white turn signals, dimming side mirrors and no sunroof. I could live without the stripes too.

3. GHOST

GHOST New Member

May 18, 2011
    Military Contractor
    Oahu,Hawaii
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I wish I had the rain sensor. :mad2:

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I scoffed at the rain sensor that my car has not thinking it was all that useful till I drove a loaner Clubman recently that did not have one. Now I'm glad my car has one.