Speedster Revealed

Discussion in 'Future MINIs' started by Nathan, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Getting back to the Horsepower numbers...BMW has always been a little reserved with their numbers regarding MINI...I wouldnt be surprised if the real numbers coming out of the Current S and JCW are a little higher and the same as what they are hyping for the concept cars...

That Being said...the Coopster is STILL gonna be my next MINI...my Cooper will be paid off and then I can add another MINI to the stable...;)

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    All that white leather... it is a little... too much... reminds me of white patent leather shoes and matching belts that were popular for that infamous period so long ago.

As for the next cars... I think two Mini's is plenty for now. I want something with a little more oomph going through the rear wheels.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH New Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Rock & Roll Clown
    Panther City. TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not diggin' it but it could have been worse, it might have been that MINI SUV that's supposed to be released soon.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I see what you mean, an aesthetic turn for the better IMO.

I actually am diggin' it, but couldn't agree more re the SUV MINI.....not looking forward to that one. Maybe it'll look better in person?

Even though they released pics of the coupe before the roadster, they started on the roadster first, right? Started on the 'vert and then worked the coupe? Maybe that's why the top of the coupe looks so wrong. They really need to take an eraser to that part of the coupe plan.....get rid of the comb-over/toupe.

5. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    The center stack looks cleaner, but not quiet there yet. The down tubes are too meaty. Specially when contrasted by the skinny looking steering wheel. Don't know why, but my eyes jump straight to it.

6. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    YouTube:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z4TJo00VOA"]YouTube - MINI Frankfurt Press Conference[/ame]

7. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You mean what you wore out last Saturday night?

I've never liked the centerstack just based on it not being as user friendly to use. Sure the R50-53 setup wasn't perfect either but MINI took a step in the wrong direction with the R56, I'd like to see a whole new interior without a radio/speedometer combination.

8. Doggybags

Doggybags New Member

May 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I don't know man. At first I was diggin it, but after that youtube video, it just looks like they took a press and crushed the top of the current car. The first side view of the vert looks really out of whack in its dimensions. I hope it's just a video thing and looks better in person. Either headroom or visibility must be a serious issue.

9. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Yes. :frown5:

10. Bimmer Lite

Bimmer Lite New Member

May 5, 2009
    English/Journalism teacher and writer
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think it looks pretty cool, but I wonder if it will really have that "stance" from the factory or if it'll have more of the R56 "float" that we all know so well.

As a customer, I just can't spend my money on a car with that center stack - hopefully they'll revise it soon.

All that said, I like the idea: lighter cars geared towards performance. Can't argue much with that, right?

And as always, I really need to see it in the flesh before deciding.

- Marc

11. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Looks great with the top down, but not a fan of the package with the top up. Maybe they should release a removable hard-top option

12. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    +1 to that. :yesnod: