Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  2. Wikedmini

Wikedmini MINI of the Month - December 2009

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    most photos u see, are bought by all the new outlets... same photographers make money on all the media outlets by selling the same photos

3. MightyStripes

MightyStripes New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And how can you tell its a Diesel from these photos its just a black mini with no makings on it :confused5:

4. istara

istara New Member

May 21, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    from the article: "So how did our shooters know they were diesel models? The typical diesel exhaust note was clearly recognizable."

5. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    If they're made...

they will be two cool Minis we'll never see in the States...

Matt

6. MightyStripes

MightyStripes New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Oct 29, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wrong the US Goverment is changing our Diesel Fuel so that it meets or is better than that sold in other countrys so that they can sell there high end Diesel cars and trucks here :)
    Might not be tomorrow but it will be before 2012 :)

7. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    low sulpher diesel is already here.

that's not the issue. The reason that oil burners are 50% of the car market in Europe is that gas is taxed massivly, diesel isn't. So then the premium for diesel exhaust aftertreatment has a very short payback, and the cost per mile for driving the cars makes much more sense.

you can buy some diesels right now. How many are buying the 335d? Not that many. While it's technically possible to do diesel in the US, the economics aren't set up to for it to make much sense.

I'm bummed about this, as there are a lot of really cool diesel cars out there that I'd like (123d 5 door hatch comes to mind), but they don't come here for tons of reasons. I'm not expecting any change any time soon.

Matt

8. Angib

Angib New Member

Nov 25, 2009
    (Old) England
    Ratings:
    +425 / 0 / -0
    That was true 20-30 years ago in France, but it doesn't apply to any major Yurpeen countries nowadays. Here in Britain diesel is typically 1-2% more expensive per litre than petrol/gas, but diesel cars are more popular now than they ever have been. So why can't I have a diesel convertible, eh, BMW?

Andrew

9. Ryephile

Ryephile New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Yes!
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    A diesel MINI has been teased to the USA since 2003. No reason to hold your breath with this latest rumor. Have you guys driven the new Golf TDI MkVI? It's bleeping amazing in every way.

10. Rally

Rally New Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    The VAG diesels are truly impressive. My dad just picked up a diesel touareg and that thing is a blast to drive (for an SUV).

I'd love to see clubman D's come stateside, but I'm a bit pessimistic at this point.