2. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Hi Welcome to MA!
    I am guessing the switch will not operate the spoiler. Did you go through the carwash with it up or down and does it look bent in any way? Post some pictures if you can. I know on the Coupe if the ECU does not think the spoiler is up it limits the speed to 50 MPH. Also what does the dealer say the problem is? Also what code is it giving?

3. DNash

DNash New Member

Nov 27, 2021
    Female
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I sent thru the car wash with it down. It was not bent in any way. I went hiking after going thru the carwash, changed my shoes and closed the trunk. When I finished hiking and changed my shoes again and upon driving away from the lot, that’s when I noticed the spoiler popped up and the gong sound started. Let me check the inspection report again from the dealer.

4. DNash

DNash New Member

Nov 27, 2021
    Female
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Meant I went* thru car wash..

after checking the dealer inspection report, it stated that the rear “spoiler came apart”

I’ve had the car since 2015 and have used that feature less than 5 times so I’m not sure how it just “came apart”

5. DNash

DNash New Member

Nov 27, 2021
    Female
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The light is an exclamation with the arrow pointing forward above the spoiler and a light pointing down below the spoiler. From the manual on the 2014 mini roadster, the spoiler has a motor that controls it and I’m thinking they will have to replace the entire part, but it is a cautionary issue. If I could just get the spoiler to go down and turn off the noise I would be happy

6. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Is it cold where you are? I know some people have had problems like this is it is near freezing and the spoiler gets wet. The only other thing I know to do is put some WD40 on the hedge points and see id you van free it up.

7. DNash

DNash New Member

Nov 27, 2021
    Female
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Great question. It is not really cold here. I noticed that a couple of people mentioned ice but this happened toward the end of summer..in Texas.

I like trying the WD40 idea, because I did think of that but just haven’t tried. I’ll try it in the morning

8. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Let me know what happens. Some pictures while you're at it might help.
    Good luck