Member Garages Classifieds Sponsors - Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Sully, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    All,

The garages landing page is going to look a little "wonky" for the next day or so while I work on doing some updates. In the end, Garages, Classifieds and Sponsors will be "in" this area but organized differently. This will allow for some I'm doing it this way compared to taking the site down for maintenance. Specifically I'm working on:

Updating Garages:
    Mapping feature:
    (Note when you update your garage it says its needs an "address" that is not correct. You are welcome to put that in if you like, but you can also put in city, state, zip. I think you can actually just put in the state or zip and it will most likely put a pin up. This way you can at least see other members that are in the state or city you live in. Personally I think its a pretty cool feature.

Updating individual Garages with the new fields:

This will allow you to go in and "refine" by what types of cars you would like to see.

Classifieds:
    There is another thread which is discussing the new classifieds system. The cars for sale section is up for testing. I put in some of the "old" post as examples. Will update with the newer post soon. Looking for feedback.. but look at this thread first. https://www.motoringalliance.com/threads/lets-talk-classifieds.30350/

Sponsors:
    Sponsors pages will also be in this "add-on" called showcase. Those are some of the post you saw last night. I will be working with the sponsors to update the pages etc.

Take a look over the next few days and let me know your thoughts.. also if anyone is good with graphics, I could use a few quick images made..

2. bigjas

bigjas Member

Sep 3, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Sully, thanks for all of your hard work on the site. I haven’t posted since the end of 2016, but I have been visiting the site for the last few months.

3. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Thank you I appreciate it and hope you keep posting. :Thumbsup: The good news is that at this stage, we should see continued progress as I work to tweak and make it better. Its a lot of late nights (as I have a real day job), but I keep understanding the new platform better and better so changes can happen quicker. If you have any feedback or anything you would like to see please let me know.. :)