2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Super charger?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by hotrod5a, Jan 31, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hotrod5a

hotrod5a New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    accountant
    Alabama
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    new here maybe (3) post so go easy ,I have 2011 s , and wondering if i have a true charger or what , I have two knobs in front of my shiftier on the left
    is sport and the right is traction , push in on the sport button and hang on
    the steering does stiffen u,p an asceraltion on the mark .6 speed auto at 140
    mph I have one gear left haven't been past that oh theirs more pedal :fingerscrossed:

Attached Files:

2. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    I'm not positive what you are asking.... are you asking if you have a supercharger? If so, then no, you don't. Your car has a turbo.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    2011 Will have a turbo. Only the 1st generation S models have a supercharger.

In case you are missing the owners manual we have them here for download.

4. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Having fun at 140? Hope you are doing that on a track and not public roads. You'll hurt yourself or someone else if you are......

5. hotrod5a

hotrod5a New Member

Jan 27, 2012
    accountant
    Alabama
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks ,I have a turbo when engaged so I can shut it off or on at will , and thank you for being safety minded I was checking this on 5 mile track no cars no deer , maybe a mouse always be safe everyone, still loving my mini cooper even looking for the wife
    one she wants mine

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Spend some time reading your owner's manual, there's a wealth of info in there to help you get the most out of your new car - and congrats!

The sport mode switch does not turn the turbo on and off, it's on all the time. The amount of boost it provides is based on how hard your driving - going up mountain roads or accelerating to get on the hiway will get maximum boost, where just toddling around town won't. A number of people have made this mistake, so don't feel bad. The sport mode button changes the parameters of the steering and shift points, it also sharpens up the throttle response - since you have an electronic throttle, transmission controls and electric steering it's all done with the software on board.

However, please drive responsibly - save the high speed hi-jinks for the track. The life you save may be mine! :wink: