Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 9 (April 27 - May 1, 2011)' started by KittyMini, Feb 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. amberback

amberback Club Coordinator

Mar 26, 2010
    QA Analyst
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I will if it fits! I'm just wondering if anyone would even what this stock stuff?

I know I *should* keep it to return my car to stock when I sell it... but after installing all the suspension stuff my dad and bf both said "we are not doing this again".

2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    I understand. It's just REALLY hard to find interest in OEM stuff, especially since we all love modding our cars. I've known more than a few people who just let it all sit in their garages until they decide to either sell their MINI and reinstall the OEM while selling the mods, or just pitch it altogether, eventually. For example, I still have that perfectly good OEM '06 MCS exhaust [taken off at around 5k...car has 67k now] behind my house...maybe it's time to do some hacksawing unless someone reading this thread wants it.... You might ask Chad or Way if they need some of those parts, because Chad once had a customer who needed OEM Cooper springs and took mine, since I installed the OEM MCS springs on my Cooper. I, for sure, was not going to ever use them again. I gave my OEM rear swaybar to a guy who wanted it for his Cooper. It's too bad, because that OEM stuff IS good, but, once you start with the mods, nobody wants it, it seems, unless some emergency panic state arises...lol

3. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    My thanks to Way for hosting the swap meet tables! I sold an alloy dipstick for $20, then had to turn around and spend $23 for some new turn signal bulbs, so he walked away with my $20... probably just what he was hoping for.

It's a great service. Thanks!

4. smurfette26

smurfette26 Club Coordinator

Nov 1, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I agree, thanks WMW! We were able to sell a cooler that we had won at a raffle and would have never used. Someone got a deeply discounted cooler and we got a bit of cash (that we managed not to spend all in one place!).

5. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    How on earth did you manage that? I couldn't. :lol:

Jim

6. smurfette26

smurfette26 Club Coordinator

Nov 1, 2010
    Ratings: