Talimena Scenic Highway Weekend trip coming soon!

Discussion in 'East Texas MINI Coopers' started by passingparson, Sep 20, 2009.

1. passingparson

passingparson Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    off for trip

alright, good deal! Glad they gave you the days off to go play! looking like a nice group is sizing up!

2. Tick

Tick New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I was not paying attention ...again.

I posted this event on the okMini site.

okMINI.com

We won't make this one, we have a mountain bike race that weekend in Stillwater OK.

3. passingparson

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks!

Thanks Tick for linking us up with the ok club, we didn't have the info until you came to our rescue. East Texas Mini Coopers really hopes to link up not only with the Dallas/Houston clubs, but also Ok and Ark clubs too!

4. Trekker

Trekker New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like we have a conflict that weekend. Our outdoor club is having a campout at Beavers Bend that we had commited to. We won't be too far down the road from y'all. Hope you have a good trip and still looking forward to meeting everyone sometime.

5. passingparson

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    meeting places and times for talimena trip

we are firming up saturday schedule and meeting places/times for all our people coming from the four points of the compass!

longview texas: meet at bellpeper cafe for breakfast with farmers and nascar radio 7:30 am. anyone game? or gamey?

longview texas: depart from mccoy's lumber on loop, 8:30 am

i-30, exit 178 (intersection of 259 & i-30) 10:00 am. maybe meeting dallas folks here.

mena, ark limetree inn noonish. to meet up, try to get rooms to drop off stuff, go to lunch together. then the ridge!!!!

I will need to know who is meeting us at which location. Plus I will need everyone's cell phone #.

more details and directions later!

6. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Breakfast sounds good to me. Will leave Tyler earlier to make that!

7. Redron123

Redron123 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if there will be any fast driving on sat.?I like to see scenery when its real blurry!The reason i ask is i will be going to church on sunday and dont want to miss any good driving.You know me im only in it for the spirited runs.

8. passingparson

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    going up probably will be fast since it is all empty lands. then at lunch we probably will take a poll on who is scenic, who is fast, and let the fast ones go first, meeting at the next pulloff/site. i will be in the back for filming/wife's car sickness reasons, you would be welcome to lead the fast group. bear in mind there was one patrol car on the 54 miles. and there are slow tourists, few passing lanes. but the pullovers do help us in losing slow tourists.

9. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lets go ZOOM Ron,been there,done it got a T-Shirt,washed my truck with it! Let's Rollem on out, bring Radar Detector. Bet we can make the 52 Miles is less than an hour.

10. Redron123

Redron123 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You know it dude!I am going to get a decent radar detector to go on this trip but the wife is getting me my Valentine1 for christmas.

11. Redron123

Redron123 New Member

May 26, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What is the total count for the trip so far?

12. passingparson

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    total so far

looks like 9 minis at this point. 8 have booked rooms to my knowledge.

13. passingparson

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    talimena weekend lookin' good!

9 minis, maybe 18 people so far are signed up to definitely go. 68 degrees and sunny, with leaves forecast to be at their height this coming weekend!!!:cool:

14. Trekker

Trekker New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wish we were going! My wife and I have committed to Beavers Bend with friends this weekend......and I will not even get to take the Mini. We will be toting bikes and boats so will have to take the truck. Hope y'all have a great time. Post some pics afterward.