TCE/Wilwood Combo DEAL

Discussion in 'Brakes' started by Todd TCE, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #1 Todd TCE, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
    Took back a set of FSL red calipers in exchange for some new DP6 parts. Calipers have been bolted up and check fit to the wheel. Problem is; they didn't clear....small chip in pc now filled with a dab of Testers Model Paint has it looking good.

Still...it's clearly been bolted up based upon marks where bolts pass through the mount bosses. Never mind the wheel marks- you'd never see it now. But it's something I cannot in good faith sell as NEW...my loss is your gain.

TCE/Wilwood P3 13" front FSL caliper kit normally $1295 + $125 now discounted to $1250 shipped. Yes $1250 gets it to your door with slotted rotors, pads, hoses etc. All the normal parts and pieces. No fluid plumbed the caliper is virgin but has cosmetic marks on it.

ONE kit, ONE deal, ONE buyer. First come, first served.

*no I don't have pics, you'll have to roll with it and trust me; it's a bargain.

2. david in germany

david in germany New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I was reading your site info on these and it list a small amount of grinding to make them fit, do you have any photos of what needs to be done? If I get these I will need to get rid of my 16" winter wheels or switch them off in the winter but I am still contemplating it.

3. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    A 13" kit will never allow one to fit a 16" wheel. No way, no how, the rotor and caliper are at too high a radius.

As for the grinding, no pics that I know of unless someone has them on their "I just installed by brakes...." thread somewhere. It is quite minimal to allow the mounting ears of the caliper to nest between the mounting ears of the spindle. Normally it takes less than five minutes to get them to clear. (if the rotor were 13.25" they'd have cleared...!)

Germany? Costly shipping.

4. david in germany

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    US Army Post office. Not so bad for shipping. ;)

5. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    #5 BThayer23, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
    <oops>

6. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

We might be able to work something out. Obviously not a UPS shipment as I had planned to include but USPS can work and probably at a good price.:Thumbsup:

7. david in germany

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Is there anyway to make the stock wear sensors work with these? I know you can tuck them up out of the way but I really don't want to do that.

8. M^Cubed

M^Cubed Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Todd - you sure they DP6 wouldn't fit under a 16"? I have a fist full of room between the caliper and rim on a 17" wheel. I don't know anyone with a 16" wheel to test it out though.

9. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No Wilwood pad (nor any other that I know of for the caliper) comes with wear sensors.

Yes the DP6 will fit under a 16" wheel. The combo however would be the DP6/294mm rotor package or 'maybe' the 320mm but it's going to be tight.

As for fitting it on a 13" rotor inside a 16? You'd need over 14.5" of barrel space to do it. Only ever seen one 13" kit inside a 16" wheel years ago on some Eclipse kit with wild wheels.

10. Todd TCE

Todd TCE Member

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Still looking for a home for this one!

Wilwood 12.2 kit with matching rear rotor kit.

Complete standard Wilwood 12.2 kit, black calipers, plain finish rotors, all inclusive. PLUS a TCE rear rotor kit with matching Wilwood hats! That's 11.75" of rear rotor to accompany your front kit. AND...these rotors are all zinc plated- including the Fronts which you cannot get from any other vendor. Limited to one unit only. Boxed and shipped tomorrow.

Retail value: $1438 plus shipping.
    Post AMVIV price: $1100 incl. shipping. (usa)

11. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Slightly off topic here, but:

If ANYONE is looking to upgrade their brakes, TCE IS the way to go. My husband just got a Wilwood kit through them and the kit and customer service is top notch.

Kudos Todd @ TCE :Thumbsup: