News Most liked posts in thread: Teddy Health Update

1. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Teddy said to let you all know he appreciates all the prayers and good vibes being sent his way tand he cannot wait to get back in front of a real computer to chat on M/A with you all.

He said he is worthless with his phone or tablet in the hospital.

Teddy stayed with Xiek this year and myself and xiek made sure he was always taken care of. Barry also got him hooked up with a golf cart so he did not have to walk around Fontana.

2. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    RIP Teddy!

Six years ago we met through this forum and were friends since. It hurts to know that he is gone, but I’m thankful that he is finally at peace. It’s been a roller coaster since I’ve known him of different health issues, but he always kept his spirits high and loved everyone. He was an amazing man and a true friend, he will definitely be missed, and I am thankful to have known him.

Dave, thank you for the updates. I wish there were better news, but we all knew at MOTD that things were going down hill. In a way I think he knew it too, and was determined to make it to Fontana to see his friends one last time.

God Speed Brother, you’ll always be in my heart.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    May the Road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the warm sun shine on your face,
    And the soft rain fall on your fields,
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hands.
    And may you be three days in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead.

4. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    My wife is a nine year breast cancer survivor. She is so VERY grateful for the shop towels Teddy has sent us and uses them all...even washing them so she can use them again. She knows the power of prayer, as she knows that this, as well as the good thoughts from people she never met before, helped her through the surgery, chemo and post exams. She is now cancer free and prays as do I, that Teddy will recover and get back behind the wheel for more MINI adventures.

5. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    My wife is also a long term breast cancer survivor, so I know of what wmwny writes. However.....lung cancer took my mom, and my understanding is that like pancreatic cancer - it's not survivable. So, my best wishes and hopes for Teddy to have the best life that he has left......that's all any of us can hope for in the long run, right? to spend whatever days we have as best we can? Good luck Goldsmithy, nobody gets out of this life alive - so make it count!

6. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Agree with all the comments above and he will be in my families thoughts and prayers. It was great seeing Teddy at MOTD. He was instrumental in helping get things setup for the tent both this year and last. He even supplied some of the swag for the tent including the some of the shop towels mentioned above and some cool Motoring Alliance Pens. I also want to call out, Dave, Xeik and Barry who all worked together to help make is time at the MOTD as comfortable as possible. It's great to see a community come together and rally around him like that. :Notworthy:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    When you said it had moved from the lungs to the liver I knew it had metastisized. I'm at the age where I outlived my sister by four years and now a year away from the age when my mother passed from pancreatic cancer that had metastisized. Main reason why I decided to go the larger valve head route.

May God level the road for his soul . . . .

8. agranger

agranger MINI of the Month June 2009
    Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Project Manager
    Charlotte, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,863 / 2 / -0
    I met Teddy last year at MOTD. A beautiful man with a beautiful car. I hope I get to spend my last few days doing what I love, surrounded by MINI folk.

9. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about Teddy. I meet him at the Mini Meet East in Columbus a couple of years ago and he was a great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    The date has been set for my Teddy’s celebration of life. This will be an informal drop-in event (no service or anything like that- he was adamant against it). Come as you are, come when you can. We are trying to put together a scrapbook for my mom and I so bring pictures and/or a story to share at our scrapbooking station. If you can't attend, but would like to contribute you can email [email protected].

Please feel free to share this to help reach anyone who knew and loved him.

Friday, May 24th at 4 pm

Sharon Woods Lakeside Lodge
    4661 E Kemper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241
    Sharonville Ohio 45241

11. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Best wishes and positive vibes to Teddy.
    Funny how a small community of folks who have come together over the passion of a stupid little car can change lives forever.......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    I met Ted at the Dragon last year. At the time I was the Admin over at the Big Bad Boogeyman but he was very cordial to me. He is the reason that I put the wheels in motion to remove the crazy ass blockage of anything Motoring Alliance over there.

In essence a man's life can be defined by those that love him and those that he loves. An inanimate thing sometimes comes into this realm and I have no doubt he takes extreme pride in his R52. He was very proud of the painting that the Modfather did on the engine bay. I also have no doubt that a good friend, Dave, did an exception job detailing and placing a ceramic coating on his R52.

I lost my mother and my older sister to cancer. Positive vibes to you Goldsmithy .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Thank you Dave. This is such sad news for sure. More good thoughts & vibes sent your way Teddy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Man, not sure what to say.. other than the world lost a superb person. Around 2 years ago when I started working on MA he was nothing but helpful and a dream to with. He was passionate about the cars, the forum and more importantly people. He helped anyone he met and was such a genuine person.

I will say this, at MOTD it was clear he was struggling. He pushed through and helped MA. He had challenges walking to his car etc. Dave and the rest of the crew did an amazing job helping and supporting him. Through that support he won best in show at MOTD against some good competition. I know that made him very happy and it's great to see what a community can bring together to help each other.

My heart and prayers go out to the family.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    The MINI is a unique car as what a woman calls cute some of us recognize what an exceptional subcompact model the Gen1 really is. Teddy was not only such an individual but also from my interaction with him appeared to be a pretty even-keeled individual.

As I remember TV before color and I have faced adversity in my family with death, I can say without doubt that Teddy's quick passing was a blessing. Surrounded by friends and driving a car he truly appreciated one week then meeting his maker a couple of weeks later with his family present is the way to pass on.

Teddy :Thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Always a friend in our memories, RIP Teddy! When we met a the Dragon a few years back, you were nice to an old man, may you rest well and drive a few twisties in Heaven.

We know that is where you will spend eternity.

Don

17. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I am sorry to hear this, I’ll be praying for him.

18. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Very sorry to hear this. Good thoughts & vibes headed your way Teddy.

19. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Teddy and i were supposed to go to MOTD together this year and I had to cancel out, unfortunately. We were both looking forward to traveling together as there is always safety in numbers. I PRAY that Teddy recovers or at least mends well enough to enjoy his car more.

Now, I feel worse than ever for not being able to go.

20. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Teddy. Good thoughts and prayers to you my friend. I'm really sorry I had to back out of MOTD at the last minute too. I was looking forward to hanging out and talking for a while. Get better Sir, because I'm looking forward to seeing you there next year.