Terrible Police Car Wreck (Officer Survived)

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by bee1000, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ronnie948

ronnie948 New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Retired
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Police need to slow it down just a little.

I'm sure that time was an issue but why take a chance going way to fast for conditions on a street with cross traffic and a wet roadway.If you are going to go five or six miles the time difference from 50MPH or doing 90MPH is almost not worth the extra speed. To many cops kill to many people including themselves doing needless reckless speeding.

They are the same cops that give you a ticket for doing 40 in a 35 zone. Don't get me wrong. I really like the Police and think that they have a very dangerous thankless job to do. But, I think they need to slow it down unless they are actually in a hot pursuit. Going from A to B it is not worth the extra speed.

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    That is way too much stuff for me to read. If you guys are arguing, cut it out. If you are insulting each other, please do it in shorter format so it is easier for me to moderate.

Thanks. :D

3. werD

werD Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Slave to technology...
    Nashville, TN
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    #23 werD, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
    ..|..

There, I just gave you the ASCII bird. Feel free to moderate as needed. :lol:

4. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Dude... MINI site. Do it in British:

.V..

:D

5. werD

werD Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Slave to technology...
    Nashville, TN
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :lol:Sorry, righto old chap. :Thumbsup:

6. ftttupwmcs

ftttupwmcs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is the law in Texas: Sec. 545.365. SPEED LIMIT EXCEPTION FOR EMERGENCIES; MUNICIPAL REGULATION. (a) The regulation of the speed of a vehicle under this subchapter does not apply to:(1) an authorized emergency vehicle responding to a call;(2) a police patrol; or(3) a physician or ambulance responding to an emergency call.(b) A municipality by ordinance may regulate the speed of:(1) an ambulance;(2) an emergency medical services vehicle; or(3) an authorized vehicle operated by a blood or tissue bank.
    Even though there is no limit associated with the law, they are still charged with driving with due safety for the conditions existing.

7. ftttupwmcs

ftttupwmcs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I was with my buddy in court when he was talking to the judge about how he didn't think cops should be able to speed when they wanted to and she pointed out this law to us. My buddy, thinking the law meant cops could only speed to emergencies was further proved wrong by the prosecutor pointing out that the law states "a police patrol" and not " a police patrol responding to an emergency call". To you cops out there, just do it with public safety in mind.

8. howsoonisnow1985

howsoonisnow1985 New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Inmate
    Santa Cruz County Jail
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you guys too
    That was driving way too fast for any situation.

9. Mrsideways

Mrsideways New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -1
    To be doing that kind of speed it must have been called in that the "HOT" light was turned on at Krispy Kreme.

All kidding aside. Glad he survived. That looks like a NASTY hit.