Thank You Ryephile - You will be missed!

Discussion in 'MINI' started by RonsMinnie, Mar 19, 2010.

1. RonsMinnie

RonsMinnie New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 28, 2009
    Sugar Land, TX
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    #1 RonsMinnie, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    I saw on the sewing forum that Ryephile is selling his MINI and has got a '05 Lotus Elise.

First I want to thank Ryephile for contributing so much to the MINI community. When I got my MINI last year and realized I had purchased a culture as well as a car I started trying to learn as much as possible about the MINI.

It was then that I discovered Ryephile. His post on forums became must reads, being both knowledgeable & polite. He went out of his way to explain basics to beginners and yet his council was sought after by grizzled pros.

Again thanks for contributing so much to the MINI community, I know I will miss your post and I am sure the entire MINI community feels the same.

Best Wishes with the Lotus!

Ron

2. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    Well said:yesnod:.
    Those Lotus forums don't know how lucky they are.

Mark

3. Ryephile

Ryephile New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Yes!
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the love guys! :blush2: :cornut:

I've been feeling retrospective lately. I may just put together a new version of my Ryephile.com and build up a quick guide to MINI tuning from everything I've learned over the years. We'll see how it goes.

A friend of mine was asking how many cars I've had over the years, and it sparked me into building a vehicular resume'. My latest makes it 18 total, though I only ever had 3 maximum at any one time. I prefer to only have two cars, a daily and a special. Personally I can't satisfactorily up-keep more than 2 at a time, otherwise I feel like I'm letting them sit and rot, which is the worst kind of car torture IMO. Through all the years of Neon's, Mustang, BMW, MINI's [5!], Miata, Lotus, and hot-rod fabrication I'd like to think I've garnered a nice breadth of vehicular experience, and I feel it's only right to help the good people in the community.

Cheers,
    Ryan

4. versus

versus Active Member

Sep 8, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Dooooooooooooo it!!!!! :Thumbsup:

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Need an editor?

6. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I've read your posts from the time I started tracking my MINI. That would be a fantastic resource--hope you can find the time to do it!

Good luck with the Lotus--I've spent some time reading the Lotus forums, and it's amazing the number of folks who have Lotus's also have or have owned a MINI--similar crowd!

7. track-toy

track-toy MINI of the Month

May 4, 2009
    Test Driver
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There are a few of my fellow instructors at the track that have Elises. We trade places on the track pretty often. A really friendly bunch. I have even had them hand me my track times.

Anyway, as a previous owner of a new '72 Lotus Elan, I couldn't resist the offer of driving a 2006 Elise on the track. What a ride! Also, the Elise is the inspiration behind some of the aero stuff for the MINI that will be released at the 2010 Dragon.

I even had an Elise rear diffuser on my MINI for a month or two for track testing. Well worth the money I paid for it while we developed a MINI-specific variant using 2010 F1 race car ideas.

It's true, Lotus and MINI owners think alike!