Engine Drivetrain 1st Gen Cooper S The Automatic Transmission Rebuild Thread

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by BlimeyCabrio, Oct 5, 2014.

1. CarlB

CarlB Active Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I want to thank Blimey for all the help he has given all of us with automatic transmissions. He helped me with my transmission problem, and Remax saved me a lot of money over the dealer for a rebuilt valve body. The dealer charged more for the wiring harnesses that go inside the transmission than the valve body repair cost. My car is running fine, thanks to you Blimey. THANK YOU

2. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Just stop already. He already had to have a procedure to make his body smaller; you keep with this fawning, he'll need another to make his head smaller. :cornut:

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    This is why Paul has a convertible.

4. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    My pleasure, CarlB.

And yes, chaps, I need the extra headroom. :Thumbsup:

5. Runner

Runner New Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Similar issue to OP

My car have a very similar issue to the OP. VB symptoms and neutral when higher RPM.
    I also scanned the car with schwaben tool and I got an error code p1682 related to throttle body. I am not sure if this is the reason why the car is going into limp mode (neutral) when throttle is high to prevent damage. I know I still have to deal with the VB but I am hoping that this issue is related only to VB and not any major complicatation in the transmission. Can someone tell me if they have any experience with this code and going into limp mode. I search for this code but I couldn't find definite info/answer about the problem.

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A! :Thumbsup:

Perhaps if you told us a bit about your car [model, year, stick or auto, etc.], help might come a running.:ihih:

7. khammo01

khammo01 New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    This is not a transmission problem. Throttle body codes will usually throw car into limp mode, both manual and automatic. Usually throttle body needs to be replaced to fix that code.