The end of a long war

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by MCS02, May 21, 2018.

1. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    We have just been told that NAM, owned by IB, has stopped blocking Motoring Alliance. This is very good news. You may have seen post from r52coop now named Whine not Walnuts (WnW) he is a administrator for NAM. He approached us at MOTD about our forums relationship. He wanted to improve our relationship to help the greater mini community. Of course Sully and I agreed. @Whine not Walnuts, @Sully, @vetsvette, @Goldsmithy, and I have spent a lot of time talking about how this can be accomplished.

Words are cheep, action speaks:
    WnW Un-banned Dave.0 and ModFather/Dicks garage. Then he approach IB and told them he thought the ban on MA was silly. They agreed and have stopped deleting links back here to MA.
    MA is going through a lot of changes. Sully is working hard on the new platform and making our forum a better place to come talk about Minis. On the NAM side WnW (Administrator) and vetsvette (yes the same vetsvette & Moderator on NAM) are doing the same. WnW started a thread over there called MINI Forum Wars. Go check it out.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/general-mini-talk/327488-mini-forum-wars.html

I want to ask that no matter how you feel about the whole MA vs NAM thing you give this a chance. NAM leadership has changed, you should be able to see that by their actions. Our leadership has changed you should see that by Sully's actions. This work is being done for us the members.

I was here and at NAM during the split so I remember what it was like, but it is time to let the past sleep in the past. A lot of hard work has been done to right the past, please give it a chance. Like us they have great people over there too. I hope that with this change everyone feels comfortable participating on both forums. If you have been lurking, jump in the water is fine.

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Yes, I have even been posting on the NAM in the detailing threads. Whine not Walnuts (WnW) is a good guy and a class act. We have been talking over the last week or so and he is NOT one of the BS Admin’s NAM used to have running the show. I am not 100% sure but I am willing to bet all the older Admins on NAM are gone.

This seems like a great idea so let’s be blunt about this, let’s not fuck it up for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Agreed - the thing I've always loved about forums is the ability to share information, help out the community and see what others are doing. Not being able to reference other forums puts a divide in the community. Personally, I'm excited to see this change and while getting to know @Whine not Walnuts. As stated, he is a good dude and made this happen (Thanks again). Also want to thank @Goldsmithy he is the one who really initiated this with WnW at MOTD. @vetsvette @MCS02 and I were all along for the ride.. and support.

Great stuff when we can put the past behind us and bring two great communities together.

4. Whine not Walnuts

Whine not Walnuts Active Member

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Spoken as only one such as Dave.0 could do. Thank you Mr. Ambassador.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    :rolleyes:

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I continued to post occasionally on NAM, but only in the classic Mini section, as even tho I still have an R55 I found the discussions there pretty irrelevant to me and my cars. Besides M/A, my regular home for Mini talk is Restoration Mini, the guys there are ALL about cars and having fun, no animosity there at all.

7. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I hope and think we have gone a long way to ending animosity here and there. Both sides are doing all we can. If anyone see a way we can improve please say so, we really want this to work for everyone. I think Dave said it best for all of us, Lets not ........well you know:D

8. Redbeard

Redbeard JCW: because fast is fun!
    Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Glorified spreadsheet jockey.
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    I stopped looking at NAM a long damn time ago. It was a chaos of trolls and bad speculation back in the 2010-2012 period. I actually bounced between MA and MU (Is motoring underground even still a thing?) I honestly didn't even know that MA had been literally banned over there. I think I still have log in assuming it wasnt deleted due to non-use or my association with MA.

When I was considering getting an F56, almost a year ago now, I looked at NAMs F56 stuff and found nothing but cosmetic mods, detailing, and people complaining it isn't a real MINI.

I looked at MA and saw it wasn't as lively as it used to be but still had some folks that aren't just shiny wheel internet warriors. Hence, I am back here.

Now if the F56 section has real info from people that have actually done things to their rides then I may go back and look.

9. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    From what I understand it was challenging. @Whine not Walnuts, @vetsvette and a group of other folks have taken over and changed a lot including these changes we are seeing today.

@vetsvette has a modified F56. He is also a moderator for Gen 3 on NAM. I'm really hoping MA gets some Gen 3 tuners and build threads here. We've had a few pop back on recently. Will be fun to see some of those get built. :D

Either way - glad you are back!!

10. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Most of the "crew" over there now was no where around the place back then. On the trolls, thankfully FB has given them a place to hang out, yes thank you Zuckerberg. Jan from RMW is a vendor there, I got him to come back, and he made a recent post about a 2.5 liter engine he was working on, something like "when a 2.0 just is not enough." Vetsvette has a F series and there is an ongoing joke on our side as he likes to say his car is "lightly modded." If Vetsvette car is lightly modded than Dave0 is a member of Skull & Bones with a Princeton tiger tattooed on his ass.

11. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    Hey Vetsvette, you think KyDan is a shiny wheel internet warrior???? Need to get him to stop by over here. He keeps saying he has 270 HP at the wheels of his F series.

12. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    I'm kind of glad I'm into bikes now.

13. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Heck, I'm into too many things, MINIs, Sidecar motorcycles, sailboats, brewing beer. I gotta spread the love around!

14. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    You said you would not tell anyone about my ass tattoo....:p:rolleyes::D:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    You know Dan. He's a hard core twisties guy in his JCW and his C7 Z06. I'll drop him a line when I get home tomorrow.

16. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    NO PICTURES PLEASE

17. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    How’s the bike? I finally got my bike all sorted out but now don’t have time to ride! Two more weeks than maybe I can get on it. I was thinking about a ride before work today but it rained.

18. Whine not Walnuts

Mar 14, 2017
    waitin for my check
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    My god it just dawned on me, you probably have been rubbing that detail stuff on your tattoo so its stays pristine but what about the rest??? Any sags???????

19. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    It's great, I've been riding a min. of five days a week. We have an active Indian riders group sponsored by the local Indian dealer, some great group rides.

20. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    @minirab thats great! I have been riding but not that much. Out of town to much.