The GREAT Ice Cream Run 4 - NEWS & Info

Discussion in 'The GREAT Ice Cream Run 4 (June 16 - 21, 2013) VA ' started by Nathan, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to The GREAT Ice Cream Run 4 (a.k.a TGICR4) -another Tar Heel MINI Motoring Club adventure dedicated to MINI Owners who love to drive AND who love locally made delicious ice cream!

Due to the demands of non-MINI life events, Robyn Resch is not available to lead the run this year. To keep The Great Ice Cream Run’s spirit alive, I’ve decided to organize the run for her this year.

The routes for this fourth version will be slightly different than what we did in 2011. We will make stops at our favorite ice cream parlors from past runs and add some new ones along the way from Staunton, VA to Bar Harbor, ME. The event will span 5 days long, sandwiched between two other large events - the Blue Ridge Parkway Tour and MINIs on Top. The route will take us from Staunton, VA to Gettysburg, PA to Port Jervis, NY to North Chelmsford, MA to Freeport, ME and end at Bar Harbor, ME. In addition to the awesome motoring and 3 ice cream stops daily, we will be visiting Antietam Battlefield, in Sharpsburg, MD, the Gettysburg Civil War Museum, PA and doing sightseeing at some of the lighthouses in Maine.

So make your plans to join us from June 16th – 21st. Do the entire run, or just join us for a day or two as we pass through your area.

Registration will be open on Feb 22nd. Stay tuned

2. rtharvey

rtharvey New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Retired
    Summerfield, FL
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Been Wainting For This

We'll be all over this one. Went to the last one and even under some personal trying circumstances, thought this was a great run!!!