Most liked posts in thread: The great old car thread

1. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Loved all my LBC cars, LBC = Little Brit Car. A nice Sunday drive often turned into a roadside tech session. I was always able to get them running & never once had to resort to a tow.

Modern cars are great, but every one of them lacks soul. And if they stop roadside, unless it is a flat tire or out of gas you ain't fixing it. My MINI's & GTI have all seen the back of a flatbed.:Dead: My LBC's never. :p

Heck man I remember those LBC's when they were new cars. o_O

One more thing, I'd rather push an MG than drive a Triumph. ;)

[​IMG]

2. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    67 Lotus Elan coupe, RHD with dog killer wheels. Loved it but kind of like an ex girlfriend you just want to be done with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I’ve always been an Italian car guy. Only fitting my Dad was Italian and a true gear head. I had American cars till I got in collage and sold my mustang for a X1/9. Man what a great car. Fiat really didn’t deserve the bad name. I work for an Italian car shop for a while. People that took care of them never had trouble. I have plenty of stories of people that took there car to a gas station or shop that said they work on foreign cars. Most of the time they were towed to us to undo what they had done. One gas station re-wired a Spider because they thought the electric fan should run all the time, what a mess.
    The X1/9 was a great autocross car. I later got an Alfa Spider. I put 10:1 pistons in it and some 300 deg cams, had everything balanced then ripped off the fuel infection and put duel Webber’s on it. It was quick and made a great sound!
    Chuck is right if they broke you could fix them on the side of the road with some hand tools.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Ah yes, Triumph Spitfire's infamous tuck and roll rear suspension.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List