1. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    #296 vetsvette, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    If you learn and follow four laws, the rest is common sense and practice.

The 1st Law:
    The Gun Is Always Loaded

The 2nd Law:
    Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy

The 3rd Law:
    Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It

The 4th Law:
    Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target

2. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    #235 vetsvette, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Woke up this AM to the sound of my alarm being disarmed followed by giggling. My Grandson and his Mom and Stepdad had driven the 25 miles to my house to show me Eli's first deer of the season. First thing he said was "it's gnarly, but it's got 13 points". And it is a nice, but strange rack. Took his first deer at 7 years old last year. This is his second. They left heading home to finish dressing the deer and get it put in the freezer so they can go out again this afternoon. Proud of my boy! This is Eli and his Stepdad taken in my back yard. Yep, I was standing around in the rain taking pictures in my pajamas.

IMG_1167.jpg IMG_1169.jpg

3. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    My gun. Hasn't been fired since before I was born.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Thank you Nathan, use the url option, good to know!

A few posts back, I made a snarky comment about using my radar detector case for the Colt, well I though about it some more and today I tried it out, it works. :) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And yes, it all fits in the hidden compartment. :Thumbsup:

5. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Just a pic I found while clearing out old files. :smile5:

[​IMG]

6. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    On Christmas Day My Daughter ran through a hundred round box of .380 in the new G42 that Santa brought her.

7. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Well, I finally pulled the trigger. Ha, see what I did there? I was gifted a CCW class for xmas and decided that if I'm going to take the class, I might as well finally get around to buying myself a gun. I went hoping to leave with a .40 or a .45, but the dude at Vances talked me into a 9mm. I ended up getting a Springfield XD Mod.2 Service. And of course I walked right over to the range from the cash register and burned 50 rounds through it. I must say I am not a terribly huge fan of 9mm, but this gun has won me over. However based on my shot grouping, I really need to practice with it more. But, if for some reason someone decided to come into my house with the goal of being a bad guy, it is safe to say that my shot grouping will ensure that said person never breeds if the survive. My shot grouping seems to be more in the belly and crotchal region.

8. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Between my guns and cars I seem to stay broke. Expensive hobbies for an old retired guy. I need to take up scrapbooking, whatever the heck that is. :biggrin5:

NRA Lifetime Member
    GOA Member
    VCDL

9. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    If I had to make the Baretta or the Glock pink to get my wife to carry, I would!

10. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Gun sales background checks hit a new record on Black Friday.
    Give the gift of self protecting.

11. Erglenn

Erglenn New Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'm retired after working 21 years as a LEO.
    Recently stopped by a local LEO, explained to him I was carrying a weapon. After giving him proper ID and CPL. He asked where was the firearm, I explain to him I was carrying a .45 cal 1911 on my right hip, then told him I had .40 Glock in the glove box. By now I had his attention, I also told him I had an 12ga rem 1100 in the back behind the seat.

Now this young LEO looks at me and says what the hell are you afraid of sir.
    My response to him was nothing at all!!

Remember Rule #1 GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED!!!

12. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    We are going to take a tactical weapons training program in mid February. The session will be presented by a certified arms instructor, and his staff, at his ranch in a rural part of the neighboring county. The six of us will spend the weekend learning some new skills and enjoying some great BBQ. Hell, I'm betting the guy will even sell a couple of guns too.

13. cooperjet

cooperjet Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453572917.852083.jpg

Got to see and hold this last night. Doesn't look like much but it was Davey Crockett's first gun. He had the story and documentation to back it up. Really cool to be up close to that kind of history.

14. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
  15. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    More guns...

The other day after getting my stitches removed, I needed some stress relief.

Some quality time at the local range, I can go anytime during open hours since I do a month to month, kinda like 24 hour fitness but only for my trigger finger. :devil:

Decided to take and compare the Colt 380 and my Beretta PX4 9mm. Mostly to compare felt recoil and see if I could get my groups together, I guess you could say I was on the paper. :eek6: With some rounds in the 380 it was a bit more, but the home defense stuff shoots a bit lighter than 124 grain Aguila 9mm which I really like for price and going bang each time.

Today, Sunday I went down to the Tanner Gun show to look at a few items and see if they had some ammo I did not need but would buy if I found it. Added about 350 rounds of 22lr and another 100 rounds of 100 grain 380 from the loader in Laramie, Wyoming.

I did confirm the Laramie guy would ship to my house if I gave them a call and ordered direct versus waiting for them at the shows or they would drop it off on the way to a show in Denver or Colorado Springs. Nice! They use new brass and weight the bullets in 380, I found they shoot very well at the range. :Thumbsup: And in the little 380 when loaded for PP, mix a couple in the clip behind a couple of rounds of JHP, for the stop the bad guy for sure.

The 22lr is CCI Mini-Mag, still going for $20 per 100 count in 36 grain and I won't even tell you what they are jacking for the CCI Stinger at the show, lets just say I will be using it only for those days I feel flush. :crazy:

I did find a new guy at today's show who is making some nice custom holsters, so I might engage him to make a custom mag holder for my Colt and if I like it, then a custom IWB holster with a custom waist clip since I do not wear a belt unless I am open carry up in the nice Colorado Mountain towns.

Here is the final result of my range time, I felt great all afternoon after a 1.5 hour session.

[​IMG]

And my current units for home defense and personal carry.

[​IMG]

Going to add another revolver in January for range and hiking protection, if I can find the one I want. Saw one today at the show, it was a bit proud.

I hope all of you get some quality time on the range with your guns and have a great Christmas and New Year.

Don

16. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Merry Christmas to all my gun toting MINI friends on M/A.

Safe and Happy, eat well, enjoy and shoot a few rounds just because you can!

Don

17. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    As they say in Texas....

Ohhh, how sweet, baby's first gun.

18. vetsvette

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0

Clints revolver was a Smith and Wesson model 29 with I believe the 8 5/8" barrel.
    And yes, the big assed gun on the Spectre AC130 gunship is real. It's a 105mm Howitzer along with a Boffors 40mm cannon and a Vulcan cannon.

19. Savvy

Savvy Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Apr 16, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer/DA Civilian
    DE
    Ratings:
    +2,024 / 0 / -0
    #182 Savvy, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
    Looking for that "knock down" punch!?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tEYcUSQDyw"]Double Barreled 1911 pistol quad wield rapid fire! 20 rounds in 1.5 seconds in SlowMo| AF2011 (4K) - YouTube[/ame]

20. cooperjet

cooperjet Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Ratings:
    +197 / 0 / -0
    Loaded up the Mossberg and my son and we went to shoot sporting clays for the first time. Had a lot of fun and since he is only 9 he did a wonderful job keeping score.