The Mini 54 - Virginia is for Classic Mini Lovers!

Discussion in 'The Mini 54 (October 9 - 13, 2013) Wytheville, VA' started by Nathan, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    If you like driving your Mini, don't miss this 3 day Mini adventure!

This year we chose Wytheville, VA as the base for our 3 day driving adventure. It's located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Wytheville is known as "The Hub of Southwest Virginia" and "the Crossroads of the Blue Ridge". As with all of our CMU events, we like to drive, and that's what we'll be doing. We will have drives each of the three days with plenty of stops and things to see. Add in the nighttime activities, scavenger hunt, live band, swap meet, and you have the most amazing classic Mini event in North America! This year we will also be offering a different kind of cruise/activity that will be fun for all. Last year was white water rafting, this year will be........ wait for it...

Please visit Classic Mini 54 - Virginia is for Classic Mini Lovers for more info

2. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I will be going, this is a great time for the old minis. Check out Classic Minis United this will be my third cmu events. Lots of fun

3. tampadave

tampadave New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Lawyer
    Clifton, VA
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    From the event website: "As with all of our events, this is for everybody, but all of the drives/cruises/anything is only for classic Minis and its variants produced from 1959-2000, no exceptions."

I would love to view the classic MINIs. However, modern MINIs like my '14 Roadster S are not permitted to participate in the drive. So, what do the 'moderns' do while the 'classics' cruise the Blue Ridge? I'm a newbie, so cut me some slack on the question.

4. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    you hop in a classic mini. Almost every old Mini will have a spare seat for someone. I am more then happy to give you a ride tampadave. Most old minis are trailed down by a new style mini.

P.S.
    if you are lucky I will hit the NOS button. :)

5. tampadave

tampadave New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Lawyer
    Clifton, VA
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Your offer is very kind. I just looked at the event website again and realized the event conflicts with my Florida Gulf Coast vacation (Oct 12th - 26th). Kind of stupid on my part. We're buying a house between Clearwater and St. Pete next summer (5 minutes from the beach!), so we're going on a joint vacation/neighborhood canvas trip in October. My youngest daughter is applying to Stetson's law school (Gulfport, FL), so she's flying down for a few days of our vacation to tour the school and meet with the Admissions Office. Not to mention that my '14 Roadster S is scheduled to finish production on September 13th, so I'm not even sure I'll have it before we leave for Florida. I'm very disappointed - this classic MINI event sounds awesome. And right in my backyard too...