Most liked posts in thread: The Mini 54 - Virginia is for Classic Mini Lovers!

1. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    you hop in a classic mini. Almost every old Mini will have a spare seat for someone. I am more then happy to give you a ride tampadave. Most old minis are trailed down by a new style mini.

P.S.
    if you are lucky I will hit the NOS button. :)

2. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I will be going, this is a great time for the old minis. Check out Classic Minis United this will be my third cmu events. Lots of fun

3. tampadave

tampadave New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Lawyer
    Clifton, VA
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    From the event website: "As with all of our events, this is for everybody, but all of the drives/cruises/anything is only for classic Minis and its variants produced from 1959-2000, no exceptions."

I would love to view the classic MINIs. However, modern MINIs like my '14 Roadster S are not permitted to participate in the drive. So, what do the 'moderns' do while the 'classics' cruise the Blue Ridge? I'm a newbie, so cut me some slack on the question.

4. tampadave

tampadave New Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Lawyer
    Clifton, VA
    Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Your offer is very kind. I just looked at the event website again and realized the event conflicts with my Florida Gulf Coast vacation (Oct 12th - 26th). Kind of stupid on my part. We're buying a house between Clearwater and St. Pete next summer (5 minutes from the beach!), so we're going on a joint vacation/neighborhood canvas trip in October. My youngest daughter is applying to Stetson's law school (Gulfport, FL), so she's flying down for a few days of our vacation to tour the school and meet with the Admissions Office. Not to mention that my '14 Roadster S is scheduled to finish production on September 13th, so I'm not even sure I'll have it before we leave for Florida. I'm very disappointed - this classic MINI event sounds awesome. And right in my backyard too...