The Obligatory How did you find Motoring Alliance Thread

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by Nathan, May 7, 2009.

1. BRGminime

BRGminime New Member

May 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    anyone got access to a BRG Cabrio badge that I can add to my Signature?

2. CA$PER

CA$PER New Member

May 27, 2009
    I do nice things
    Kuwait... but my head is in France :p
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Found it through our friends at MMMC :yesnod:

3. xsmini

xsmini Member

May 27, 2009
    Bishop, Ca
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Nathans sig on NAM.

Nik

4. UKCoopeR

UKCoopeR Active Member

May 21, 2009
    VA,USA and UK
    Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    i saw a link to the nifty wheel finder gadget on NAM lol

5. TT_Zop

TT_Zop Club Coordinator

May 26, 2009
    Machinist
    Flint,TX
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #105 TT_Zop, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    A fellow club member sent me a link. He was trying to start a new club on NAM for East Texas, Nathan talked to him and said not much hope. So here we are with a new club,thanks to Nathan:smile5:

6. QWKSLVR

QWKSLVR Club Coordinator

May 27, 2009
    rocket scientist; ok, so I'm NOT that..BRAIN surge
    Savannah Georgia
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The Administrator for our MINI Club sent me this 'interesting' link with information..I motored on board immediately..!!!:Thumbsup:

7. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
  8. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Time flies.... I had picked up a Motoring Alliance card while at MOTD, and filed it away in my wallet. I just was sorting thru my papers and all the other night, found the card, and here I am...finally! Better late, than never....:rolleyes5:

9. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Found it when gnatster posted a link to the Wheel thing is NAM's "Show Me Your Wheels" thread..

10. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    From a NAM link on the Prototype Engine Mount.

11. Snooter

Snooter Club Coordinator

May 6, 2009
    Canton, NC
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Nathan told me join or else :D

12. Minifast

Minifast New Member

May 9, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's see now,, You, Edge, Agranger, probably two or three others at MOTD.
    Actually I think it was a psychic link.

13. *Motoring*

*Motoring* New Member

May 5, 2009
    Program Coordination
    Hellam, PA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll second that!

Yep, same here! Thanks!! :D

14. Aluvendale

Aluvendale New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    From Sunshine MINIs. :D

15. TnMiniMama

TnMiniMama New Member

May 18, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nathan found me wandering around aimlessly in some virtual off topic world and led me to the light... or the dark... Hmmm...

16. Sideways

Sideways New Member

May 12, 2009
    Motorer and footwear Extrodinaire!
    Above the Border^^^
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    There are a few ways I found out about M/A
    One was that I got a Message saying that there was a new forum...other MINI friends led me to it as well...

So...Here I am!

17. FeedBack

FeedBack New Member

May 5, 2009
    Paradise, USA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #117 FeedBack, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    How I discovered Motoring Alliance

I was sitting on the beach at Sandy's, weaving baskets and custom Palm frond seat covers for WINO, when a young kaikamahine comes running up to me very excitedly yelling, waving her arms and jumping up and down. Putting down my ice cold niu full of fresh squeezed pineapple juice and niu waiu spiked with rum, I turned my attention towards the crystal blue ocean where the child was pointing. I headed down the beach, past the kite boarders flying over the breakers, further down beyond the surfers working the rollers at the break, and to the area where the malihini were learning to work the stand-up paddleboards. Here a group of kids were playing with a barnacle encrusted object that had obviously drifted from the Giant Trash Island of the Pacific and ended up here in paradise. I explained to the keiki that the object was probably toxic and that the best course of action was to hide it in the beach bag of some unsuspecting tourist that had escaped from Waikiki and to let them dispose of it when they returned to the mainland.
    So.... Off ran the kids to seek out an "appropriate volunteer". A short while later I packed up my belongings and headed towards the parking lot for the short drive home.

WINO was parked ewa at end of the lot between a 2009 red convertible mustang and a cream colored 2009 convertible Sebring.

Let's interrupt and play a game here... these three convertibles parked in a row..... pick out the two rental cars.

You win!

Banging on the drivers window of the cream colored 2009 convertible Sebring, and looking very pissed off, was an attractive, typically bikini clad, and obviously irritated female visitor to our island.

Being the perfect gentleman that I am, I offered my assistance and to make a long story short, I took her and her possessions to Waikiki and dropped her at her hotel where she was going to arrange for a new key to her rental cream colored 2009 convertible Sebring.

Off to home I go... upon arriving I proceed to my post beach ritual with wiping the salt off WINO's Wet Okoles (the best seat covers) and removing the sand from the carpet. Lo and behold, what do I find?

Encrusted with dead smelly seaweed and crustaceans, is the container from the beach. It had obviously rolled out of Miss Michigan's (I had been subjected to her entire life story including locations, during the trip to Waikiki) beach bag.

As I picked up the bottle, I noticed something inside of it. As it didn't look like cash, jewels or MINI parts, I didn't pay much attention to it at the time and headed into my apt.

For a while, I took a nap with the trade winds blowing from one side of my place through to the other end...... air conditioning be damned! Later, while I was making dinner, fresh caught Ahi, seared with a wasabi macadamia nut crust, I sat down and started to catch up on my web sites and car forums. HMMC, M|U, washingtonpost.com, MINI2, honoluluadvertiser.com, Hawaii SCCA and then I got distracted by the bottle.

I took it over to the sink, gave it a dousing with Clorox and rinsed it really well, and proceeded to cut it open with a razor knife to determine what was inside.

I carefully positioned the opening facing down so no water of debris would fall in the bottle and reached in very carefully, and removed a fragile ancient piece of paper that when unfolded had this faint graphic on it.

Click Here for picture

I gave it a glance and tossed it all in the trash.

After that I went back to the computer and read Chris L's post on the DCMM forums about the new Motoring Alliance site.

I'm glad I'm here........:D

18. RichardPG

RichardPG Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Prince George, BC
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Discovering Motoring Alliance

Nothing as profound as the last post. Followed Link to Wheelfinder from that other site.

19. ducks

ducks MINI of the Month October 2009

Jun 17, 2009
    prison guard
    below the water
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    m|u .. where else :p

20. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings: