The 'purest' form of racing?

Discussion in 'Motorsports Chat & Race Preparation' started by Nathan, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    In a roundabout way it does. Tap on the link in the quoted post and it takes you to the YouTube video.

2. what exactly would it take to be a a part of a GT race or even a Koni ST race or even a go kart race series? i'd love to race my car or any other car in one of these series.

as far as the purest form? i persoinally enjoy watching the Koni ST races because of the variety of cars and the challenge it is to watch an underdog overturn or lap a goliath. it;s very exciting to me and racing to me has to be exciting in every aspect. different drivers with different cars racing for one goal, that's the purest form of racing. and it doesnt have to be cars either, it can be the Isle of Man bike racing too. :Thumbsup:

3. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    All it takes....

is time and money. Got enough of both and YOU'RE IN!

Matt

4. howsoonisnow1985

howsoonisnow1985 New Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Inmate
    Santa Cruz County Jail
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Excellent race, was right there at Patron tent both days. (with a designated driver of course) way too many Brabham Boosts and Sharpe Shooters:cornut:

5. Twistee

Twistee New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    WRC

IMHO... Multi-Stage Rally racing, like WRC, is what makes me bounce on the edge of my couch and yell at the TV the most. This level of skill, endurance and teamwork is not found in many other forms of racing (nor in other sports in general) I admit that part of the overall appeal for me is the comfortable familiarity I find in the fact that I recognize the makes of most of the cars. Even the French ones :rolleyes5:
    And since I drive both a MINI and a Subaru, two badges with long and proud rally roots, I have at least a sliver of an idea of what its like to catch air around a blind whooptie. And how about a nice hand for those co-drivers!? Anyone who has flown the right seat knows the challenge of reading a rally sheet/map while pulling serious gee's in 360 degrees. Yes, I carry barf bags. Use 'em too. Thats Motorsport.

6. Bimmer Lite

Bimmer Lite New Member

May 5, 2009
    English/Journalism teacher and writer
    NJ
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What were the repercussions of that race? Was the porsche driver penalized for his action given the fact that he was bumped first? Very entertaining stuff!

- Marc