Pre Migration The Race to 1250 - New Contest

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Nathan, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    With a lot of thought and an inventory by the staff of brand new stuff we have on hand that we have never installed we present the following contest.

The Race to 1250

Open to all registered members but us admin types this contest will run until we have 1250 registered members.

Here's how it works. For each new member that you refer to the site you get 2 points. Every time that new member posts, you get a point. You also get a point if they create a Garage with images, add to the WheelFinder, with images and add badges, again, with images. The member with the most points when we cross the 1250 member mark gets a choice of the following.

All are brand new and have never been installed.

Fatheadz Wired Rain Sunglasses (XL)
    [​IMG]

Ireland Engineering adjustable camber plates (street/track version)
    [​IMG]

Palo Uber light bar kit
    [​IMG]

Benfer Performance carbon fiber bits – mirror covers, door handle cup protectors, 3 cap covers (for oil, ps fluid and brake fluid caps).
    [​IMG]

Hamaan Bonnet Stripes (Silver)
    [​IMG]

Hella Model 500 light kit (model H13750601)
    [​IMG]

The fine print

Don't cheat!! IP addresses are stored. Posts should try and have some content too please. Not trying to fill the site with 100's of "me too" posts, content is king. The idea is to drive membership and create compelling content, not statistics.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    If you have questions about any of the prizes listed above, please ask; we'll be happy to fill you in.

I thought I would start with a little info re the Hamaan bonnet stripes. That pic above is my MINI with the anthracite version of the stripes. I know, they don't look anthracite to me either, but I bought both and I can tell you the silver stripes are definitely a couple shades lighter.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I'll respond to a question here so anyone interested can read the answer.

The Palo Uber light bar kit does not come with lights and the Hella kit comes with mounting hardware but without a bar or brackets. More info on each below.

From Palo Uber:
    couple more pics (remember, there are lights in the pics but none come with the light bar kit)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Hella:
    'nother pic
    [​IMG]

4. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Less than 50 to go!

We bounced over the 1200 mark so 1250 is not that far away now. Still time to get in on the contest by referring a friend. Being as there have not been that many referrals to date there is a still a very good chance to win.