The Stig Farm

Discussion in 'Top Gear' started by Nathan, Nov 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    The process of Top Gear picking a new Stig has always been a mystery, that is until recently when we learned that Top Gear owns a farm in rural Britain where new Stigs are bred. Not all grow up to be tame racing drivers though, with some being too violent and others seeming to suffer from the dulling effects of too much inbreeding.

Top Gear has released this video of the Stig-picking process, and as you might expect, not all Stigs have the natural drive to become skilled wheelmen, but some do have other talents. One Stig shown in the video is a gifted painter and another wants to become a writer. A pink Stig is also shown whose only talents appear to be staring at other Stigs and skipping merrily.

The breeding program is focused on finding that one Stig that will go on to set blistering lap times on the Top Gear Test Track. The best are found, and from them, one is chosen. The video after the jump ends with a vision of the program's new Stig, clearly ready for action in his iconic white outfit. Hop the jump to see the Stig farm and meet the new member of the Top Gear crew.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmn-__6XQsM]YouTube - The New Stig - The Stig Farm[/ame]

From Autoblog

2. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I found that most entertaining.

Thanks!

3. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    #3 Gil-galad, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    So, given the recent posting (and the not-so-subtle dig about Stigs attempting to write books) I guess it's safe to assume this clip is post-Ben?

...and that the "new" Stig can be expected to sport white Alpinestars too?

I'm looking forward to the new season on BBC as much as I'm dreading the introduction of the U.S. knockoff. :rolleyes:

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I was hoping they'd use a free range Stig. Those farm raised ones just aren't as wholesome.

5. nabeshin

nabeshin New Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So will they "kill off" the old stig somehow or just continue the show without mentioning this again? Everyone knows about Ben now, but the show should "kill" the stig then air this clip about the farm. Cause someone out there is living under a rock. The stig could be driving a Morris Marina and have a piano fall on it.

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Morris Marina's sure do attract falling pianos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-shNHaJigM]YouTube - Top Gear drops piano on Morris Marina! (HQ)[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSWWPlMjIFo[/ame]