Thinking of doing Camshaft Re-fit expo...On the Dragon

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 8 (April 28 - May 2, 2010)' started by Thumper460, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    #1 Thumper460, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    OK... As most know, I do cylinder Heads, I try to keep all my stuff in that area. Now that there is a few camshafts out there for more of the average people and drivers.. ( Nitrostick series) , I have been approached to "Show and Tell" an actual cam change in the Dragon ( at the AutoXcooper Booth).
    Start to Finish!! You will be right there... asking questions, seeing how to do it!! ( And how easy it is...)!! This is NOT going to be so technical that you need a Degree in engineering.. It will be actual "Gearhead" technique and you can see the results!! (?? Is there a need??)

The car is an r50 with the NS1 camshaft installed!! We want to remove the NS1 and install the NS2 camshaft... that way the driver will feel the actual difference, and be able to better suggest which cam is better for what application when his friends ask ( word of mouth is always the best way...yes??) And then I will be selling the slightly used NS1 cam ( less than 1.5 months of run time!!) for 50% off cost.

SOOOoo....... is there a need to see this?? Do you think it would be worth while , and help you have some visual knowledge, to help get over the fear of doing it yourself?? Post up and let me know... if there isn't a large interest !!
    :crazy::aureola:

Let me know....

Just me................................
    Thumper

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I think thats a great idea for all DIY's.

3. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hope it doesnt rain...lol

Thanks

Thumper