Fun & Games This is why I do not use wax anymore

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dave.0, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

Gyeon Rim is awesome and you can easily do that yourself. Take one ore two wheels off your car. Wash them with whatever you normally use and rinse. Then hit them with Gyeon Iron to remove imbedded brake dust which is really iron from your rotors. I always wash twice so I don’t waste Gyeon Iron on basic dirt. Spray down the entire rim front and back side and let it sit for 5-10 min and then scrub it down to get in all the tiny places. I don’t wear rubber gloves but most people do when deep cleaning rims with Gyeon Iron.

Once the rims are clean and dried apply a layer of Gyeon Rim to the front and back of one wheel and set is aside. Then do the same thing to the second rim. When you are done coating the second rim the first one will be ready to wipe down. Rim has a much longer dwell time between applying and wiping off because it is stronger and made for high heat parts like rims and exhaust tips.

When your wheels are coated you don’t have to use Iron or other special spray rim cleaners, you can just use basic car wash soap and a dedicated wheel brush. I also have a Wheels Only bucket because the iron from washing you rims will now end up in your buckets and you do not want to uses that bucket for washing your car.

2. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy MINI Alliance Ambassador
    Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Male
    TCB
    Main Street in the land of Oz
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 0 / -0
    The more I use the Geyon products, the more I like them. I have no trouble maintaining the excellent job that Dave O. did on my car. It's all in the prep...and that's why I asked the master to do it.

3. rkw

rkw Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    San Francisco
    Ratings:
    +449 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. fishmonger

fishmonger Well-Known Member

May 13, 2015
    Madison, WI
    Ratings:
    +895 / 0 / -0
    Washed my three Mini's today. Two have been waxed recently, the electric blue has had Gyon Mohs on it for the last 11 months, no other treatment or rejuvenation products like Gyon cure applied since. There is no comparison between how slick the surface is on that ceramic coating - water sheets off the paint like crazy, and dirt just flushes away.I am just too lazy to do a full paint correction and polish on the other two cars right now, otherwise I'd be putting the Gyon coating on these as well.

Maybe I'll do one of them before the winter,. but I've been busy fixing up a car for my daughter (Subaru Outback). Did learn something about headlight restoration on that car - check into Rust Oleum Wipe New, which also is great for black plastic on our Minis. It works amazingly well and it is a coating that lasts at least a year to keep UV rays from messing things up again. I think I am ready to tackle the headlight plastic on the electric blue car now.