This is why I love MINI and the community

Discussion in 'MINI' started by bravos1, May 25, 2012.

1. bravos1

bravos1 New Member

May 5, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Driving into work this morning on the highway in the left lane (my MCS, she demands to be in the left lane :biggrin5:) and I see a brand new PW w/ black stripes Countryman S a few cars ahead in the middle lane. It's a beaut!! I pull up next to and the driver looks my way and we both raise our heads a bit to get a better view of each other's ride and simultaneously give each other a big :Thumbsup:. We go on our way and my mood is 5x better and my morning has been great so far!

2. Little Wing

Little Wing New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Yay!
    I just love these stories.

3. Roosey

Roosey New Member

Feb 15, 2012
    sheet metal fab
    Hampton Virginia
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    A lot if people in my area don't even wave back or even notice another mini is driving by. :confused5:

But they're are the few that we both smile back at each other with a :Thumbsup:
    I agree though I love the mini community! never had a bad experience with anyone i've met and talked to

4. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    My left arm still hurts from all the waving at MOTD... and yes, not everyone waves, that's their prerogative, but 'round here most Mini owners at least recognize each other.

5. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :cornut: I've found that long arm wave through the 'roof hole' almost always gets a response.:Thumbsup:

Jason

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    At the Dragon this year I found it very annoying with all the waving going on while driving Helbender and the Dragon. Keep both your hands on the wheel and pay attention to the road and driving on your side of it.

Save the wave for when you are trolling around Fontana, but hey that's just me.

7. tybeegirl

tybeegirl Member
    Supporting Member

May 8, 2012
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if the folks I wave to are just not waving because I am a not-so-mini-MINI? Are "real" Minis not liking the Countryman? I will say, I waved at a yellow hardtop once with a big smile and it was returned (big wave and smile) enthusiastically. That was really cool! :cool:

8. Jabbles

Jabbles New Member

May 4, 2009
    HVAC service
    Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Lots of waves at MOTD, but very rarely in the real world.

9. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Great point Davey-O, agreed. Know that I wasn't waving anywhere both hands on the wheel were required, and my signature wave (even on open roads) is simply raising two fingers of the left hand while ON the wheel at the "9" or "10" position. Unless I'm going 20MPH behind a boat trailer on the Dragon, or Hellbender, or (God Forbid) 28 going into Fontana from the East... there is NO waving there!

And tybee, I'll wave a C-man...!

10. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    How about using a rubber hand and arm, to stick out the "roof hole", while at MINI events?

Then you could save wear and tear on your own arm.

Dave

11. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I have a "Special" large foam finger I could use for that. :devil::biggrin5: