This years Dragon FAIL

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 12 (April 30 - May 4, 2014) - ' started by Dave.0, May 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DryMartini

DryMartini New Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to miss it.

2. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Logistics & Administration
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    She probably traded in her MINI for a FIAT.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    What does car make have to do with any of this? :confused5:

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Stupid happens in every car make and model.

5. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    She's probably embarrassed to drive a MINI now after doing something stupid.

6. mattc85

mattc85 Active Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Heating and Air
    Mocksville, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    The video is private now. Booo. I recognize the paint job from one of the mini groups on facebook. I've resorted to watching youtube dash cam video clips now to get my mini fix on. I guess I'm getting near the bottom of the barrel now.

7. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    #27 Dave.0, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    If you saw how the car looked you would know stupid is something she does not understand.:lol::eek::lol:

8. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0

Apparently not, supposedly the MINI dealer in Texas is sponsoring her and her MINI in MTTS...

9. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Day-ummm...and here I was going to goon that this summer, too, joining in around Cleveland, and on. :frown5: Guess not now, what with the likes of a total dingbat driver like her in the group. :eek6: I don't need stress like that. :frown2:

10. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    I HOPE not for long going forward.....
    She is lucky she is not dead....

11. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Not to sound like a complete heartless creep, but I'm glad she did not kill any innocents. Worried about her safety? Not so much.

Jeff the odds are she will not reach Cleveland. If she does she'll be easy to spot in her be-flamed MINI.

12. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully...she can at least drive in a straight line between the lanes during MTTS.

13. Stinker

Stinker Active Member

May 16, 2009
    USPS Maintenance Mech
    Smithfield, VA
    Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Money can buy you a car(MINI) but not commonsense.

14. AAONMS

AAONMS Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 16, 2011
    I play with trains...
    Fruit Cove, FL
    Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    Did the car in the video exercise bad judgement – sure, no doubt.
    [soapbox]
    However, let he/she who has never pulled some sort of bonehead move behind the wheel of a vehicle, whether or not they got away with it, speak up.
    I have to wonder whether or not anyone here has ever crossed the double lines on the Dragon? Elsewhere?
    Passed in a No Passing Zone?
    Ever run a red light?
    Ever been at least partially (doesn’t matter if you got a ticket) at fault in a collision?
    Ever succumbed to the urge and initiated or accepted the challenge to street race?
    Anyone here ever had a drink (not even to excess mind you) and driven?
    Perhaps I am way overreacting, but to me, the continued comments here to the extent of what the car looks like seems like is dangerously close to cyber-bulling or an invitation to harass.
    I can’t speak for others, but I am becoming increasingly tired and frustrated by posts like this on the ‘Friendly’ MINI Site.
    [/soapbox]

15. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Cybr bullying... Naww....trying to be educational, yes...
    To post a video of an event, that a MINI business has sponsored you to attend, showing a careless or a reckless act ( thankfully without a wreck...er wreckless) without a disclaimer of some type almost would lead some to believe that the act is common or even endorsed by said sponsors and the community.....
    Anytime one does an act with sponsorship, a higher stand prevails, especially when it is done in public with a public recording of the event.
    Sure...everybody has done s "bone headed" act or a dumb thing....but if sponsored, you are at work....and messing up at work can lead to unpleasant events....like firings and demotions...when done as an individual, perhaps nothing happens, but as a community, WE OWE IT TO OTHERS, as a service, to call out the ones doing acts that reflect poorly upon us as a whole.....just like any social organization does....does M/A Have a codeified code of conduct, no, but a consus of right, wrong and "a bit too far"....
    One can risk your own life anyway you wish...but risk mine for me, and I have a right to be mad as all hell!!! If a member hit the car doing a 3 point turn returning from a dounut run, etc, and death and carnage had occurred....would there even be an argument?!
    Frankly, if the person said " sorry, I did not know better" , etc, then that would end it....
    But to keep showing it to "friends" as a private video shows that the person is somehow proud, as opposed to embarrassed or mortified at what they did.

16. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    AAONMS, Not trying to start an argument. I am just curious did you see the video?

If so what is your opinion about what she did?

I believe it was careless and reckless. There is no way that you could drive the Dragon and believe this was ok to do. Its worries me to think what would have happened if a car had hit her but what if it had been someone on a bike? They would be dead!

I would agree an apology would be nice and maybe even use it to show how easy it is to get in an accident up there.

Some times we all get excited and do stupid stuff but if you have an ounce of integrity you own up to it.

What I have said is worth what you paid for it.

17. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I get what he's saying, but what puts it over the top is youtube pat on the back the driver gave herself; the "hey, look at me", before she figured out maybe it was better to pull it. If you're going to do something stupid, own it, people will respect it. If you do something stupid, and throw out a "hey, look at me," I have no sympathy.

18. DavisMC40

DavisMC40 New Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Detailer
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Didn't see the video, but from reading the thread I've got the suspicion that it's this Mini?[​IMG]
    From Texas, has flames, female driver.

19. sethat46

sethat46 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    Financial Sales
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +413 / 0 / -0
    That's the one. If you know the car you would probably know the woman. Coulda swore she had a garage on here.

20. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Yup, that's the car. :incazzato: