Top Gear America - Season 3

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nathan, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I didn't realize till I was looking at what I had on the DVR the other night that Season 3 of Top Gear America had started. Being there was nothing on TV as usual and I had enough of being in front of the PC I watched it.

1st off, watching this show on the DVR is the only way, commercial breaks are way to long and when they come back they spend a minute or so recapping the last segment. Am I really that stupid that I forgot what they did 5 minutes ago and need a recap or are they filling space due to lack of decent materiel. We'll never really know...

Anyway, the premise was taking a small car, think Fiat 500 and smaller and running around Louisiana. From the French Quarter to the Swamp.

As a group they are getting better with chemistry aspect, now if only they did stuff I wanted to see.

Oh well, we'll see how the season progresses.

2. drabdub

drabdub Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Logistics Lead
    San Jose, CA
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I haven't watched any of the previous seasons but I may check it out

3. ljmattox

ljmattox Active Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Male
    IT consultant
    St Louis metro USA
    Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    #3 ljmattox, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    +1, I wish their concept segments did more with cars I'm interested in, less with $500-1000 "challenge" vehicles: buy 3 old POS's and have them do something "entertaining". Rather: get a contemporary car or two and pit them against one another, lap times on a track, something.

The chemistry with the hosts has gotten better, now it's just the content that could stand some tuning.

Ah yes, the back-from-break "recap"...that carryover from days when folks viewed live broadcasts, and may have just channel-surfed over during commercial break from another show. Annoying when DVR-ing, for sure.

While we're at it: local news programs. News, weather, sports. Used to be presented in segments. Now: all intermixed, with each talking head "teasing" throughout the 30-minute show what they'll actually tell us, when they get around to it, just "stay tuned". My fingers itch for throats everytime.

4. davisflyer

davisflyer New Member

May 23, 2012
    aviation professional
    TN
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, chemistry is getting better, but I'm tired of the dumbed down content.....

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    This show still looks like the elementary school version of the real thing. Last show had double decker car racing just like the real show has done. Maybe they need some writers.